'87 Turns 25

Mercury7

Anyone NJ converted their 87 Buick over to Historic QQ Registration?

Did you do it in person or by Mail?

Last time I looked into this I remember (I think) something about a letter of validation to be included from some type of organization verifying collector status? (on official letterhead, stating production numbers, etc)

Only other time I had done QQ registration was about 5 or 6 years back, took a ride over to Trenton with four photos and a few forms - all information gathered and provided by myself.

Very straightforward and uncomplicated.

What's changed since then?

Thanks in advance!

I just did it it's very easy I did it in person only certain dmvs will do it if you go on the web site it will tell you which ones you don't need any letter just have a few color photos of the car front back and side a copy of the title and proof of insurance I was in and out in 20 min

I just did it it's very easy I did it in person only certain dmvs will do it if you go on the web site it will tell you which ones you don't need any letter just have a few color photos of the car front back and side a copy of the title and proof of insurance I was in and out in 20 min

Im debating between collectors and historic because collectors seemed like a pain in the ass. Which one did you go with?

For the DMVs that dont need a letter are you talking about the ones listed on this page?
http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/SpecialVehiclesPlates.htm