87 Turbo-T Upholstery question

Danster

Does anyone know if Jax or CarMotorsports will sell only the drivers side? I have nasty rip on the bottom only but would rather change the whole drivers side. Would I be required to purchase in pairs only?

I have the Dk Blue/ Light Blue color combination.

Dannyo

If you just want to replace a panel, contact:

SMS Auto Fabric

They specialize in factory replacement automotive fabrics. As this is a dying industry, there are only two of these types of manufacturers in the US. Consequently, the prices will be high. The minimum purchase is 1 yard, at $75/ yard. One of my Gn seats split at a seam and the upholstery shop tried to re-sew and it ripped more. I contacted SMS and ordered a yard of fabric and the upholstery shop replace the whole panel. You cannot tell that a panel was replaced. When ordering, you'll need to provide a VIN number of factory fabric code to obtain a precise match. This may be a less expensive alternative to ordering a set of covers. If all my seats needed re-upholstery, I would contact Jax or Car Motorsports, but for minor repairs, give SMS a try.

Sorry, I always thought that fabric colors were in the RPO list or VIN. You still should be able to describe the color to them and they can match it for you. Just give them a call and see if tyhey can help you.

Jax tries to hold onto and get exact match materials, i believe the blue was always in short supply.