87 Turbo T Lmtd

well 6000 is somewhere in my price range... i just sold my '84 gn and told myself I was gonna get somethin newer...cant believe Im actually thinking about this. How does it run being a high mileage motor?

That's kinda what I'm thinking...it shouldn't last long.

Has the motor been freshened up? New timing chain, etc?

No, the motor hasn't been even openened (with th exception of the valve covers to upgrade to 100# springs), and I did replace the the original front cover w/an upgraded one and dual row timing chain years ago.

Hi, any pics of underbody ? any chance of meeting part way ? would this car make the trip to new york?
thanks

Hi, any pics of underbody ? any chance of meeting part way ? would this car make the trip to new york?
thanks

Yes, I'll try to send some pics of the underbody soon. I've kept up with the car for 12 years, and it has ran good and strong for me this whole time. It starts with no problems, even when it sits for a little. Truthfully, Making time to meet halfway will be a little complicated on my part because I'm preparing to leave the country soon.

How does it run being a high mileage motor? Are they any flaws?

The car just cut out on me the other day. I believe one of my sensors went bad because it'll crank and run, but if I apply the gas it'll cut out on me. I'll find out what exactly happened on Monday.

Yes there are some flaws...basically, for the buyer, you'll be buying a car with a decent (not showroom) paint job and a running car that needs to be "tweeked" or "tuned" so all the mods can transfer hp to the blacktop.

- I just replaced the headliner and the moonroof seal, but the seal still needs to be adjusted because it still leaks a little.
- The original driver's power seat motor's just about shot
- The AC is not working
- Cruise works only to set the speed/no increase, but I do have a brand new one in it's package
- Tires are pretty old, and I'm not going to replace them before selling the car
- Pull-latch for the parking brake is off
- Plate for the driver's side power window switch is off

There are probably a few more minor flaws I forgot to mention, but keep in mind, this car was my 23 year old, daily driver, with 154K+ miles on it. It's a good project car.

I spent $6K+ in the paint & body, and roughly $5K+ on performance upgrades, and if I weren't leaving, I'd finish this project out by fixing the minor flaws and upgrade with a torque converter, injectors, alky, tune, new wheel and tire package.

Sorry so long!:)

Can anybody here vouch, or seen the car???

Hoped that someone on here could throw out some props, and get it sold before I scratch my itch.

Dude, who gives a chit? It's a 6000 dollar TR! And a limited at that.......It's well worth it. Here, I vouch for it. I can see that it is worth 6 grand.:eek:

Dude, I'm trying to see if someone can chime in. That way, if someone is on the fence about it they'll pull the trigger.

The car is SOLD! I'm truly going to miss being part of the Turbo Buick community after 11 years and 11 months! Hopefully, in the near future, buick can bring back the GN, T-Type, and GNX.

With the look, the power, and potential these cars had, they are truly one of a kind...if I'm correct, we still are the only car that isn't a Corvette in the Corvette museum! May everyone in the Turbo Buick family have great success with thier "babies"!

Thank you all for your interests, and God bless!

Jerome

Buick in Corvette Museum?

Per the above comment, is there a Turbo Regal in the Corvette Museum? I have been to the Corvette museum in BG KY in the past and did not see this.

Thanks! Joe

Dude, I'm trying to see if someone can chime in. That way, if someone is on the fence about it they'll pull the trigger.

You want to buy my silver limited? 114k silver on grey... black out hardtop.
posi all options. No body damage.

No rust, has original paint. Ok slight rust on doors, nothing to worry about, no rot, no rust thru a door, nothing serious. Probably take all the sealer out, blast it, and re seal. These cars are at that age, the sealer is what fails and the rust starts.

Id like to take the mods off it, its been my daily driver for 4 years, current engine is blown up. Original is on the stand, nothing wrong with it.
r12 works, cruise, windows rear defrost, trunk unlock ect.
I have owned it since 1999.

Shoot me a pm if its something you would be interested in. zip 66212

BW

To be honest...I'm shopping around for a Stage II. I wouldn't mind a daily driver, but I'm hoping that I can find a Stage II that still has air.

Per the above comment, is there a Turbo Regal in the Corvette Museum? I have been to the Corvette museum in BG KY in the past and did not see this.

Thanks! Joe

If I remember correctly, GNX 375 was the first NON-Corvette to be displayed in the Corvette museum. I don't know if it is still there or not, but I'd say, our cars DID have a big impact on GM's history!:)

The GNX isnt in there anymore ... my brothers 96 GS supernautural 450hp callaway was in it for awhile. the keep changing cars out