87 Turbo T Bench Seat

Very nice car you have for sale. Thought id bring it back to the top cause it reminds me so much of my own car, same color and interior as my grey hardtop.

Somebody needs to buy it:eek:

BW

Damn this is exactly what I want....if you weren't so far away...too bad you aren't doing trades....

I have not seen this car,but Bobby looked at a car I had for sale,and pointed out tons of things that I would never have noticed,So he has a good "eye" and this would be a great find....:D

Questions have come in VIA e-mail, about previous owner ship and why I don't consider the car to be concourse. I have copied my response to this thread for all to read.

For those reading that do not understand "concourse" stipulations and rules, you may want to do a search for them on the net. The primary sanction for this is the AACA.

Odometer reading 60,550

I believe that the car came from Steve Petro. I say this because I did buy the car from a guy named Steve, but I do not remember his last name. I understand from another board member that this was his name.

As far as your question about paint and body goes ....
I have found no signs of body "body work" in the car. That is to say, no bondo, collision points, or repairs. I'm sure the car has some bondo in it as all cars do, but not from a repair, I.E. from a crash or rust repair. The reason I feel this car is not concourse quality is more in the prep and final buff. The car looks very nice don't get me wrong. The car I'm sure would do very well at local car shows, cruise nights, and so on. The paint has a few imperfections in it when you look close. At a range of less then a foot away. A few dirt nibs, and a few real small dents that were not repaired before paint. Whom ever painted the car did take their time to go the extra mile to make it nice, as they removed all the trim from the car. This included removal of the quarter windows. The car has a small stress crack in the sail area above the windows. The usual spot for these cars, and I can say that it smaller then most original 10K mile cars that I have looked at. The bumper fillers are a slight different shade then the rest of the car. I have noticed this to be so on every Regal I have looked at, both repainted and OEM paint. This in my opinion should not be so. My father drove the car to our town local car show at the town festival and the car did trophy that event..

The car is very nice condition. Some points on the car is very impressive. the underside of the car is fantastic. The bottom of the car is clean. Looks better then any other car I have seen. My personal friend has a Gn with 9800 original mile and he bought the car new. Another has a Gn with 40K original miles that he bought new. This car is nicer then both those cars in both the underside and under hood area. I have found that most of the things that I find to be wrong with the Turbo Regals are so on all of them that I look at. I am told by most Buick enthusiasts " that was how the cars were made in 1987" Understand that I am a perfectionist when it comes to vehicles. I restored a Studebaker Truck for my father a few years back. It took me 3 years of research and work to bring it back to it's original 1957 status. The truck gets consistent first place at every concourse event it goes to. Both National and Regional events, as well as AACA. In 2006 I bought a new dully pick up for a tow vehicle. Vehicle was ordered by me, and was shipped to my selling dealer. Upon pre-delivery inspection I found 39 things wrong with this brand new 1 mile 2006 truck.

IN SHORT - The car is a very nice example of a Turbo Regal. I feel that the buyer will not be disappointed with the car. I made the decision to buy the car due to it's overall quality and cleanliness. I bought this car not liking the color. The reason for this is simple and possibly a bit vain. A very close acquaintance of mine owns a charcoal gray 87 Turbo T. He has owned this car since 1989. When I look at the car I feel like it is his. Other people have asked me if I have bought his car. So my options are to sell the car and continue my search, or disassemble the car for color change.

I hope, I have answered any questions that you may have had. If you have any others, I have no problem with discussing the car.

If you wish to speak about the car I have enclosed my number.

Bobby 630-541-7271

Winning bidder from e-bay does not have the funds.

SHOCKER

Right now I have the car set up to go to storage on 10/14. If anyone is interested feel free to contact me.

Bobby
trekramb@aol.com
630-541-7271