87 t-type astro-roof, twin to gnbretts car, (but faster + nicer) $6800

nice car, hope it doesn't go as a roller!

I actually have people who want it in,many diff configurations,from strictly a roller, to a roller + i can keep the wheels + tires,1 offer of just a roller with trans,,but the goal is to keep it whole,I have someone that wants it whole + is suposed to send me a check tomorrow,another back up offer to send a check if the 1st backs out,+ a couple that want me to call them if it falls thru.so at this point it looks like it is going to stay together. i'll keep you posted.I also have someone local that offered $3500 for motor,trans +intercooler.:eek:

A few things people asked which i hadn't thought about;
It does still have the original hood blanket that says Buick + turbo charged + has the turbo emblem,+ its in pretty good shape,the intercooler pipe hits it so there is a little aluminum spot on it a little flat black spray paint would prob take care of that.+ because of the plenum spacer,that little block on top of the intake made an indented mark in it but overall its not bad.also the grey trunk liner stuff is all still there in good shape with a couple little spots that can prob be cleaned,Its just nice to find all this kind of stuff still intact after so many yrs,+ it shows how the car was treated thruout its life.

I went out to look at the interior for a better description,+ it absolutely blows my mind that the interior can be as clean as it is after 23 yrs, my truck is 8 yrs old and not as good.The back seat literaly looks like it has never been sat in,pass seat also,drivers too is 99.99% no dash cracks or rips or anything,the face of the radio/ heater thing, i would go as far as to say it is flawless,mint!The steering wheel had to have been covered most its life because it has none of that erosion that leather gets from your hands over the yrs,,although that little ring with the bolts has a slight crack,easily replaced, but its hardly noticable, the silver stainless looking stuff on the console is excellent,so is the leather wrapped shifter.Carpet is about 90%, very presentable with a couple flaws here + there,I also believe the floor mats might be the original,all 4 match + they say gm on them + look like original equipment.but not sure what these cars came with. A few other things i forgot to mention,is the car has the factory theft deterrant/ alarm system,+ it still works great,also an underhood kill switch was installed.it also has the concert sound 2 stereo with cassette.power trunk release also.
And I just found the coolest thing,I opened the glove box + found an envelope,It's the orig sunroof instuctions,the envelope reads, Operating instructions for Electric-powered sunroof package #20081501, even the envelope has a gm part# it actually says, envelope part#20083970 ,+ inside has a tool to manually open + close the roof ,i guess incase the battery dies.the instructions read; (Sunroof auxiliary crank tool instructions,) with pics etc.+ even the instructions have a part #, instruction sheet 20081600 This is the kind of thing that in 20 yrs when the collectors are putting these cars back to stock for concours judging + "bloomington gold certification" parts dealers will ask crazy money for.
my guess the people with astro roof cars + parts dealers,who see this will prob be calling their local gm dealers with these part #'s to see if they are still available,I will just out of curiosity. If you have an astro roof car + don't have this tool + get caught in the rain with a dead battery + can't close it you will wish you did.plus i used to collect muscle cars,+ finding things like this with them is just kind of cool,If you have a mint original low mile car that you are keeping as a collector + you have this in the glove box it just adds to the car + the tools functionality could save you some day from a soaked interior,Its basically a little hand crank with a hex wrench on 1 end + a screwdriver on the other.instructions say near the sunroof switch there is a plastic cap that you remove for acess to a screw which you remove with the hex end then insert the screwdriver end into a slot in the motor shaft + turn the crank tool clockwise to close the roof. Hmm! you learn something new everyday.

another back-up buyer

T-typinator, I know you have the buyers lined up and I would like to be in line if things fall through. I can send an instant deposit through Pay-Pal if you are set up for that, and the balance after I proof the car. Is this car completely road worthy , like would it make a 350 mile trip to central NY?

T-typinator, I know you have the buyers lined up and I would like to be in line if things fall through. I can send an instant deposit through Pay-Pal if you are set up for that, and the balance after I proof the car. Is this car completely road worthy , like would it make a 350 mile trip to central NY?

When i bought the car the owner drove it to my house for me,40 miles or so,on the highway at 70 most of the way + then i have been driving it for the last couple weeks with no probs,It starts + runs excellent I think you could go to calif .in it no problem, all good tires brakes, exhaust etc.runs cool,It's quiet,not much louder then stock. etc.

OK, thanks for the quick reply, when would you like me to call you. I could call now if you like.

Update on the astro roof ,operating instructions/manual operating tool.
The whole package ,+ the individual parts, are dicontinued.
Does anybody else have this,I wonder if all the astro roof cars automatically got one.

astro roof wrench

as far as i know they all came with it if in the event the motor died you could still close it manually.you see them come up every now and then for sale.jim

as far as i know they all came with it if in the event the motor died you could still close it manually.you see them come up every now and then for sale.jim

Thanks Jim, I'm not sure why ,but i love stuff like this,little extra things that came with a car when new + stayed with it for decades( I think what really caught my attention with this particular thing is just the fact that it is still in its original packaging,(parts #'s and all)complete with directions also. If it were just the tool i prob wouldn't have given it a second look, i'll bet most were taken out of the envelope + the envelope + directions were tossed out,because it would take up too much glove box space.