87 t-top GN, Near montreal, QC $9800.00

BLACK MAGIC RACING

formerly turbo_canuck
I'm gonna be a daddy again soon, so some of the toys have to go for renovation money. Unfortunately My 87 t-top grand national is the first victim. This car is a nice driver, and i'll try to describe it as accurately and honestly as possible.

Car: 1987 Grand National, 88,000 miles.

Options: T-tops, Posi, cruise (doesn't work for some reason), rear defrost, power windows, power locks, tilt, power antenna (doesn't work).

Engine: Rebuilt original 109 at 79,000 miles, all stock except for speed pro 204-214 hyd. flat cam. + lifters, speed pro forged .030 over pistons. New high-volume timing cover, .010 on the mains and rods.

Transmission: rebuilt stock (with shift kit) BRF at 82,000 miles, stock D5 converter re-stalled to around 2600-2800.

Mods: Walbro 340 fuel pump + racetronix hotwire, Accufab adjustable fuel regulator, 42.5 lb injectors, turbotweak chip, older SMC alky kit, Terry Houston 3" downpipe, electric cutout, hooker 2.5" catback exhaust, scanmaster, line lock, TONS of parts from Mark Hueffman (shifter handle, shifter plate overlay, side seat panel overlays, coil pack overlay, door handle overlays, 3rd brake overlay "turbo", pull strap covers, scanmaster shade hood, ash tray switch panel, etc..), 35% tinted door windows, 25% tinted rear windows, black alum. maf pipe, K+N filter, front frame braces, S10 rear brake cylinders, 4 long soft-compound brake shoes, maybe more i'm forgetting..

Interior: THe seats are in good driver coindition. Not perfect, but very nice, no rips or tears. THe carpet looks like it's the original, and is a little faded, but not bad looking. It has embroidered floor mats front and rear, the dash top is cracked like they all are, the dash pad has no cracks or holes, There's an autometer boost guage on the a-pillar, cluster and radio bezels are in good shape, the BUICK on the dash plaque is faded, but the rest of it looks pretty good, THere's a new GBODY PARTS headliner, and the door panels are decent also.

Sound system: Alpine CD player with built in EQ + Crossover, remote, and about a million other features that i don't even know how to work yet. there are Q-LOGIC kick panels with alpine 6.5 TYPE-R components, powered by a 45 watt MTX amp, 4x10 Eclipse speakers in the deck, 3" eclipse's in the dash, 2 MTX 10" subs in a box on the package shelf in the trunk powered by an ALPINE MRV-757 amp. It sounds pretty sweet.

Body The body on this car is in nice driver shape. The paint looks like it's a few years old, and could use a good paint job, but it has a nice shine, and is really presentable, and driveable as-is. Looks great from 10-20 feet away, I get tons of copmpliments and double-takes every time i drive it. THere are a couple of small dings around the body, most not noticeable, and there are swirl marks and fine scratches that you can see from close up in the sun. THere is a little bit of surface rust in the lower front driver side door jamb, near the rocker panel, and a very small hole near the rear seat panel, just behind the rocker sill plate, should be a pretty easy fix. sill plates were new 2 years ago, and still shine petty decent. passenger rear wheel opening molding is gone (some A$$ stole it:mad: ) i have found a replacement, but never put it on. The under hood insulation was never on it since i've owned the car, and the weatherstrips leak a little. ( i have new weatherstrips for the t-tops themselves which i'll include) It has GTA fronts on all fours, which are for sale in another post. If they don't sell, they'll be included. If they do, i have a set of 84-85 GN wheels that have been refinished and have new caps and like-new goodyear eagle white letter tires that will go on.

This car has gone 12.30's in the 1/4 at 111 mph, but is mostly a street car and is seldom raced. I will have tons of pics tomorrow, so just ask, and i'll email them.