87 or 88 impala...any advice?

orion681

Too fast?...I think not!
a friend of my family has either an 87 or 88 impala and hes getting rid of it. he hasnt really driven it much in the last couple of years, but it has been garaged almost its entire life, and treated like a baby. he was going to donate it to the salvation army, but i am looking for a used car, and i could get this sucker for real cheap, if not for free. the only thing here is hes afraid that stuff might start to go wrong with it once i start driving it and he doesnt want to feel liable. hes also afraid ill mess the car up, and hes all semtimental about things. but assuming i can get my hands on it, anybody have any advice about this car? it would cure all my ills simply because im trying to buy a new bike, and no car payments would help.

Sounds pretty straight foward to me..

Make a contract stating that you won't hold him liable for part breaking.
I never really heard of anything like that when paying next to nothing for a car should be "AS IS no warrenty"

NO PAYMENTS is a NO brainer

You sign something saying you won't hold him responsible, and HE signs something stating that after the transfer of title, the car is NO LONGER his, and he can't complain/bitch/squeal when you put 22" Daytons on it. :D