87 National needs a good home.

Jasonnational

Hi Everyone,

My fathers prize possession was his 87 Grand National. He babied this car from the time he bought it right from GM in 87. Unfortunately we lost my dad just this past February. I have nowhere to store it properly and safely and to me the worst thing would be for the car to go down in condition. I know he would have wanted it to be enjoyed by a real enthusiast like he was......so I figured there would be no better place than here to find one.
This car is all original (except paint). Has 53000 kms (Canadian eh). It has never seen winter and has always been stored indoors. When it was painted 2 years ago it was stripped right down to bare metal and completely re done the right way. It has all available options including posi traction. Car is located just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Please let me know if anyone is interested. Its in mint condition. $25,000 obo
Thanks,
J

Sorry to hear about your father. That's a great attitude to have about letting someone else enjoy it rather than letting it sit. You should post a thread on the for sale forum. But you might also want to research your price, you're a little on the high side. Good luck with the sale! BTW, that's about 85,000 miles for those that are interested!

Sorry to hear about your father. That's a great attitude to have about letting someone else enjoy it rather than letting it sit. You should post a thread on the for sale forum. But you might also want to research your price, you're a little on the high side. Good luck with the sale! BTW, that's about 85,000 miles for those that are interested!

How about 33k miles......

I think that you figured that backwards, thats about 33,000 miles, and I don't know what the conversion on the canadian doller is now. $25k does seem a bit high though.

Actually I think that is 32,932.6 miles for 53 kilometer of course when it comes to math I have been wrong before.

What? Only 4 people to point out my mistake? :biggrin: I must have used the reverse calculator. :redface: :redface:

Wow... I have started an arguement. Thanks for your condolences Stack.
Was not sure what to price it at and thought 25,000 was a good starting point. The price is certainly negotiable. Thanks for your feedback guys.

What? Only 4 people to point out my mistake? :biggrin: I must have used the reverse calculator. :redface: :redface:
Well, the horse is definately dead.
As for the asking price.....well, it might be a bit high, but you can always go lower. If you started out asking $5,000, it would be tough to up the price to $22k. It may be high, but I don't think that it is totally out of line. When the right buyer comes along, you'll find out the right price.

How about $10K? You will need a letter from gm that the car is emission legal in the usa and also take the car to us customs for an inspection which takes about 6 weeks time and $90. for the letter-been there done that!

Jason,

Since the U.S. Dollar isnt worth the gum under our shoes anymore the US to Canadian conversion would prolly look like this

Canadian=$25,000
U.S.=one million dollars (with Dr Evils pinky to his lip)

Jason,

Since the U.S. Dollar isnt worth the gum under our shoes anymore the US to Canadian conversion would prolly look like this

Canadian=$25,000
U.S.=one million dollars (with Dr Evils pinky to his lip)

dr-evil.jpg

response

Does $22,000 sound more realistic or am I still way too high ?
By the way, where is the for sale section ? cant find it.

Here's a link to the cars for sale section:

Cars for sale - TurboBuick.Com

I'd put a post up there as well as the Canadian section. Some people don't monitor the local forums as much and you also want to reach as many people as possible. You could always ebay it if you don't get the responses that you're looking for.

I think $22k (doesn't matter American or Canadian since they're about even now) is a good starting point. Just don;t get discouraged by the low-ballers.

more info and pics?

Hi J,

I'm out on the West coast looking for a T-top GN. Does this car have the T-roof option?

Thanks!

Wayne