'87 Grand National Quick ?

bowtiepony

I am looking at buying an '87 Gn, the mods.include, ta-49, 42.5 lb.injectors, 3 inch down pipe, 2.5 hooker exhaust,intercooler mod, (duttweiller neck) all relays and sensors were changed when the engine was built..the original was .030 forged or hyperutectic pistons, 107 cam(performance cam..does not thump)hi-rev lifters,matching springs, dbl roller chain,. the tranny is new with all hardened parts to handle the car and last.th200, has astroroof and a/c works, what is something like this worht, the guy said it is suppose to run mid to high 11's? Thanks any help is appreciated.

About $4500 if the body has super high miles on it and it looks like it's been through Hell and back on the outside and inside.

Or, $20,000 if it's clean inside and out...has been garaged and has less than 40,000 miles on it.

'87 Gn

the car has 120,000 on the car, but the motor has been freshened up, has new piant 8.5/10 with good interior Is it worth $13,000

Thats up to you. If it is Super clean inside and out, then maybe it is. Has some good upgrades and should run mid 11s. Had the same stuff and mine did. I paid just a little less not much for mine and sometimes I wish I would have waited to find something more interesting, but most of the time I am happy with what I found. NO RUST!

I wouldn't pay that much for a car with that many miles unless it is super clean. You can get a better deal out there.

the guy said it is suppose to run mid to high 11's?

What it is supose to run and what it actually runs is usually complete different. Usually when some say it supose to run a number it doesn't. That doesn't mean it will not run those numbers, but it might require some tuning to do so. Its probably not a turn key 11 sec GN.

Yeah, I usually jut say "it runs". Each person has their expectations of the GN/T. Put'em in the seat and that usually helps with the descision making.

Unfortunately I have this little irritating quiz I give a potential buyer. If they answer wrong or make a comment I'm not comfy with I will scrap the sale.

I had a guy interested in my GN last year. He said he worked for a body shop and that he was going to put a five speed behind it - (because "no turbo car is worth a crap without a 5-speed). WRONG ANSWER #1

Then he told me he was going to "bag it" and drop it down to the ground. WRONG ANSWER #2

There was mention of a blow off valve - I know some of you swear by them and that is fine - to each his own - but for me this was WRONG ANSWER #3

I had spent WAAAAY to much money on the car to have it reversed.