'87 Grand National 28k miles $21,000 ****SOLD****

Status
Not open for further replies.

incubus2432

Douchebag
For sale is my '87 GN with 28k miles. I'm the 2nd and 4th owner (sold in '11, purchased back in '14 from same guy) and I bought it originally in '06 with 17,611 unmolested miles. It has 100% original paint (no rust), interior is near mint (the original sagging headliner was replaced), a/c blows cold and it has no issues aside from the power antenna not working (antenna motor functions and a repair kit is in the glovebox). It pulls strong, runs smooth and has been very reliable. Only the valve covers have been removed to install stouter valve springs but otherwise the engine is undisturbed. No leaks. I'd drive it anywhere with zero worries.

I'll keep this simple. $21k for the car with all original parts that I have.......GN wheels (need restored), intercooler, turbo, front brakes/spindles, rear aluminum drums/backing plates, powermaster, radio, and original instrument cluster. Also included is a removable laptop stand, spare Alky Control pump (needs rebuilt) and indoor car cover (cover has a small hole).

I am not desperate to sell. I love the car and would not be upset if there are no takers. I'm just looking to go in a different direction for my hobby car needs.

I'll gladly take any specific pics or answer questions. Mods are in the signature.

The pics of the car outside are not new but the car looks the same today. It is stored for the winter in my garage and the lighting isn't the best. The underside and lower body is sprayed with Fluid Film to protect against condensation from the garage floor during temperature changes. All fluids changed prior to storage.

Located in Grafton, Ohio (about 1/2 hour southwest of Cleveland).

Last edited:
Original odometer and the GNX replacement currently installed. 28k miles.

019C1467-E1BB-482F-9452-C35E81873D9D_zps8yhmhota.jpg

Nice car - stock trans redone or dropped in a Janis trans? What's it run?
Stock redone by Janis.

IIRC the best MPH was 117 but only with a 12.03 ET. My tune was always on the rich side and I had traction problems with the Nittos but stuck with 'em because of their road manners. I know there is more in it but I never pushed it too hard at the track and only had it out a handful of times.

Where is the modification list? In the signature?
Yes but here ya' go......

'87 GN (28k miles) GTB6131E, PT&E SLIC, TurboTweak 6.1 chip, Razor's Alky (fed by Metco spare tire well fuel cell), G-Body Downpipe, Hooker 2.5" exhaust, 60lb Mototrons, Big Mouth CAI, 160 t-stat, RJC Powerplate, Scanmaster/Powerlogger, Walbro 340 hotwired, Adj. FPR, Eaton Posi, GNX dash, Hydroboost, Janis "Stage 1" Transmission, PTC 3200 L/U, Spool Fool Bumper Fillers, Baer 13" front/12" rear disc brakes, Vintage Wheel Works 45's 17x8 4.5"BS (Nitto NT555 245/45) and 17x9 4.75"BS (Nitto NT555R 275/40).

Last edited:
Nice car and GLWS. Seeing one this nice at this price point definitely makes me reconsider the work and money I'll have into bringing mine back to life. One comment on the dryer sheets though. My dad has used them in his farm trucks over the winter to ward off mice, that is until the damn mice decided they could make really nice nests out of them :(

Nice car and GLWS. Seeing one this nice at this price point definitely makes me reconsider the work and money I'll have into bringing mine back to life. One comment on the dryer sheets though. My dad has used them in his farm trucks over the winter to ward off mice, that is until the damn mice decided they could make really nice nests out of them :(

From the PMs I've gotten you'd think I'm asking crazy money for a piece of junk. "Will you take $16k?" WTF?!?! I thought my price was pretty reasonable considering the condition, miles, original parts included and quality mods. We'll see I suppose.

The dryer sheets are an old habit and kind of a "can't hurt" sorta thing. I have never seen a mouse or evidence of one in my garage BTW. o_O

From the PMs I've gotten you'd think I'm asking crazy money for a piece of junk. "Will you take $16k?" WTF?!?! I thought my price was pretty reasonable considering the condition, miles, original parts included and quality mods. We'll see I suppose.

The dryer sheets are an old habit and kind of a "can't hurt" sorta thing. I have never seen a mouse or evidence of one in my garage BTW. o_O
Sir from what I've seen you have a very very nice car and a great price , It will always be haters , Stick to your guns , She will sell . Keith

Great Looking , Great Price, And one hell of a documentation on that vehicle. Just call a buddy of mind that is wanting to get into
T/B ,if it hasn't sold toward the end of the week he may be interested in buying,{ of course with Mama approval } Would you happen
to have it posted on Ebay ??.

Status
Not open for further replies.