87 GN w/ astroroof near Indy for sale

JimBlackGN

I regret that it is time for me to sell my Grand National. It is too good to be used for a daily driving as I have a Suburban 2500 w/ 8.1 engine and it sucks in gas. I need to sell my GN and buy another car with good MPG, so I can start driving it and put my Suburban aside for towing only. OK, here is the information on GN:

I am 3rd owner, and the 2nd owner was Nathan Sheets (where he used to work for Mid-America Motorworks) and he took care of it very well. I have two copies of titles for 1st and 2nd owners and a full carfax report. Also, a full well documental of service records, window stickers, owner manuals, warranty booklets, etc. Nathan gave all of those to me when I made a purchase from him seven years ago. I did check the engine and transmission serial numbers and they all matched. It is all original with slight modification that was made by me.

The modification as follows:

Mark Hueffman Big Mouth Cold Air Kit (w/ K&N Filter)
Dennis Kirban fuel pressure gauge and adjustable fuel regulation
Dennis Kirban rear seat frame brace kit and front frame braces
Dennis Kirban console twin gauge holder and VDO gauges (water & oil)
Windshield A-pillar single holder w/ boost gauge (bought used)
Wayne Grubb of GearsAreUs installed a GM Eaton posi unit in original differential
Joe from Precision Turbo ran a program computer chip 93
Walbro 307 fuel pump and hot wire kit
Test pipe (can put an original catalyst converter back in if your state requires it)

I kept all original components that will come with the car. It can return to all original car easily except for rear differential. I do have an original open unit if you want to put it back in. I am sure you want to leave a posi unit in it.

The engine is basically all original and never been torn apart. So is the transmission. The interior is in a great condition, no tears or rips as you can see in the picture. The headliner has been replaced by Nathan Sheets. The trunk is very dry and no rust holes, but I did discover two “quarter size coin” surface rust that just popped up back near the wheel well next to the rear seat cushion. It may be from washing the car and dripped when I opened the trunk decklid.

The mileage is approx. 93,800 miles. I purchased the GN when it had 89,000 miles, so I only put almost 5,000 miles in seven years. Not much as it has been always kept in the garage with car cover.

The body paint is all original with exception of driver side that has been repainted according to Nathan Sheets. So the paint does show age and the hood has “cracked paint” due to the heat from the turbo. I was told that it is very common among the Grand Nationals. There are few small dents here and there such as on the passenger door, right fender, and the roof behind the astroroof. Also, rock chips on the front header and front bumper. This car is a 10-footer looking as it looks great in the evening, but direct in the sun, you can notice them.

A couple of years ago, Dennis Kirban personally inspected my GN and thought it was a good condition car. He suggested that I could sell it for $13,000 due to all components that will come with it to make it an original car, well documented information and a rare astroroof option. . I have researched through Ebay, Traderonline, and Turbo Buick websites to determine the reasonable price. I am not sure where to set a price, but I welcome your suggestion of selling price. I am not looking to make money out of it, but I would like to sell it at a fair price to make both of us happy.

Any questions, please post it here on the forum or send me a personal email. I do have more pictures if you want to see more, please let me know. Thank you!!

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_4871.jpg
    IMG_4871.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_4826.jpg
    IMG_4826.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_4836.jpg
    IMG_4836.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_4883.jpg
    IMG_4883.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 638
How is the weather-stripping? Does astroroof leak? Does astroroof motor still work well? or is it a little slow in opening? Thanks.

The weather-stripping is great! It was replaced just before I bought the car. No leaks at all. Yes, it opens and closes very good at a normal speed. Unfortunately, Nathan was going to mail me the original tool kit that belongs to the GN, but never received it. I bought an "allen" type tool and kept it in the storage compartment just in case.

i was looking at the pics and i saw the tall center arm rest. Did it come like that or is that a aftermaket piece? thanks for the help

Yes, I bought it from a nice lady down in Florida. I met her at Indianapolis Buick Horsepower event back in 2005 or 2006. I think her husband runs a website, TurboBuicks.com - TurboCharged Message Board Turbo Buick Grand National, T-Type, Turbo TransAm. I love it and it is what Buick should have done it in the first place. I do still have the original top cover if you want to remove it. I have a business card at home that you can reach her. It is a custom made product.

Okay, who's up late to sell me another car when I'm in a buying mood? hahaha. I need another GN and nobody is up to answer my PM's. :biggrin:

For Derekflip- re: center console riser

if you could get me the number when you get a chance i would appreciate it

Sorry for the long delay... I cleaned out my GN before it was being picked up and finally found this brochure in the car. Here it is:

Your Online Source For GM Parts and Licensed Apparel - "Special Additions"

SpecialAdditions.com GM Licensed Apparel & GM Parts: Buick GN Parts (Buick GN parts)

I strongly encourage you to purchase these. It is worth to have it. It was very comfortable having your arm sitting on the console riser, without ruining the factory look inside the car. They even make other colors for Buick Regal Turbos! At that time when I purchased mine, it was only in gray color.

Just wait until VegasSE drives my GN and he may love it, too! :D