87 GN w/18,700 original miles

00ws6ta

Considering selling....again considering selling my GN to buy 2011 Shelby GT500. All original paint, mint interior, detailed top to bottom and show condition. No dings or dents and only the occassional small chip consistent with mileage. There is also one scratch on lower passenger door that is barely noticable. I have all the original parts that go with the car. Also, have all documents..including bill of sale, books, records, sticker etc. (3 binders full). Currently has new Classic Industries GTA wheel and new BFG tires and I also have the original wheels in storage.

Here is a list of mod's:
LT1 valve springs the rest of the motor is stock the only thing ever removed are the valve covers and plenum
Precision Turbo - TA53 with high boost adjustable wastegate
LS1 3" mass air flow sensor
stock throttle body has been ported
42# fuel injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Red Armstrong XP fuel pump
B&M shift kit, Precision Industries torque convertor 2800-3200 stall speed, aluminum drive shaft and drive shaft loop
MSD digital 6, magnacore 10mm spark plug wires, AC cr42ts spark plugs
Casper electronics custom made ultra chip 0=no start, 1=valet 2=stock, 3=93 octane, 4=94 octane, 5=100 octane, 6=108octane, 7=114octane
red armstrong volt booster
billet vacuum block - original started to warp did not look good
has been upgraded to a GMC syclone heated O2 sensor
160 thermostat
Scanmaster
Race Jace power plate
B O P engineering IAC relocate
Pinion Snubber, Air Lift air bags, Southside upper ( lower control arms Variable rate springs in rear,
QA1 adjustable shocks front and rear
Terry Houston down pipe with 3" dump and hooker ceramic coated exhaust
Front frame braces and rear seat braces
Casper Electronics Knock gage with audible alert
drilled rotors and aluminum drums
GNX trans cooler
Stainless steel braided brake hoses
s10 manual brake wheel cylinders

Again, I have all the original parts.......

Cars is located in Clinton, MI. and I do not have to sell and will not give it away. I still love this car. I'm the 4th collector owner and have all previous owner documentation.

Thanks,
(734)845-1797
Price $23,000

Attachments

• 5-2-09%20to%2012-30-09%20324.jpg
    5-2-09%20to%2012-30-09%20324.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 3,195
  • Grand National 002.jpg
    Grand National 002.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 3,179
  • Grand National 003.jpg
    Grand National 003.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 3,190
  • Grand National 004.jpg
    Grand National 004.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,190
  • Grand National 008.jpg
    Grand National 008.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 3,195
Pics

Couple more pic

Attachments

• Grand National 012.jpg
    Grand National 012.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 3,195
  • Grand National 011.jpg
    Grand National 011.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 3,177
Options.........Has the basic GN options including: Hardtop, pw, pl, AC (blows warm), factory cassette, G80, rear defogger, tilt, cruise. I have a few more pics of the interior and undercarriage that I have to locate or retake.

Interior

Couple more close up of the Zaino shine, undercarriage and interior.

Attachments

• IMG_5080[1].jpg
    IMG_5080[1].jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,888
  • IMG_5075[1].jpg
    IMG_5075[1].jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2,906
  • IMG_5078[1].jpg
    IMG_5078[1].jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2,889
  • IMG_5072[1].jpg
    IMG_5072[1].jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2,889
GN sellers beware!!!!!!!!!

Had a guy named "Shawn" call from "NY" and claim he was coming into town and was interested in purchasing my car. He called a couple day later on Friday and said he was in town and wanted to come over to look at the car. I told him to come on over to take a look and if liked what he saw we could take it from there. He said he was bring a cashiers check with him because he didn't want to make two (1) hours trips from where he was staying in Detroit. I told him I would not accept a "cashiers check" without going with him to his bank and he changed his tune real quick. He said he would have to schedule another time to look at the car and he has not called back since. Can you believe this guy more than likely tried to steal my car GN with a fradulent check. I had a bad feeling about this guy from the start. He never asked any questions about the car and just said he wanted to buy it no questions asked. Just be careful out there selling your GN or any type of car for that matter.

My friend you have just proven my point. It s always the ones with the least amount of cash to comment first on pricing. SO affordable or how the seller is not asking too much and my favorite "giving the car away at that price"

THis is my last post on here I dont want to infultrate this guy's post.
GLW the sale.

ttt....car is still available. Forgot to mention all fluids (except brake fluid) were changed last year and I just had the rear main seal replaced last month at Chevrolet dealer. Again, this in an all original paint GN with thousands spent in top quality bolt-on mods. All original stock parts, wheels and all paperwork/service records go with the sale. Still asking $23,000, but I would consider taking $1,000 less with your choice of which wheels you prefer with the car.

Just remember a lot of people do not want to carry that much cash around so I would not rule out someone buying ur car with a cashiers check.

Going to the bank with someone who is from out of state will make no difference. Out of state cashiers checks will take several days to clear. Every TR I have bought has been from out of state and never felt comfortable traveling with that much cash.

If someone wants it they can give u a deposit and send u a cashiers check. When it clears you can finalize the deal.

I would say the car is priced right. Stick to ur guns. It's a fair price.

Thanks for the replies and advice. There is do doubt in my mind the guy back went I first posted my ad was a theif. Not opposed to legit/honest buyer with cashiers check just had gut feeling about that guy.

Hard to believe you still have this car. Next guy that asks me about selling my car. I'm telling about your car. If I'm not mistaken your car is a (C) optioned car just like mine. Best of luck to you.

Price is right, if it was 2005. I wouldnt sell my TR in this market unless the bank was ready to repossess my house & I was desperate. Nobody is buying & the ones who are, are (for lack of a better word) "thrifty"......

If you don't have to sell it, don't. Unless you want to drop the price to around 15k, keep it till the market improves. There are a lot of really, really nice cars out there going for stupid cheap prices. I wish you luck with the sale, you are selling a great car at a horrible time......for the seller that is.

GN sellers beware!!!!!!!!!

Had a guy named "Shawn" call from "NY" and claim he was coming into town and was interested in purchasing my car. He called a couple day later on Friday and said he was in town and wanted to come over to look at the car. I told him to come on over to take a look and if liked what he saw we could take it from there. He said he was bring a cashiers check with him because he didn't want to make two (1) hours trips from where he was staying in Detroit. I told him I would not accept a "cashiers check" without going with him to his bank and he changed his tune real quick. He said he would have to schedule another time to look at the car and he has not called back since. Can you believe this guy more than likely tried to steal my car GN with a fradulent check. I had a bad feeling about this guy from the start. He never asked any questions about the car and just said he wanted to buy it no questions asked. Just be careful out there selling your GN or any type of car for that matter.

I just had a note left on my car today. Guess what? Only this one seems like a car thief/stalker too. Has a problem with "No and Not interested." Talked to the police. I'll put it in the hanger for a while. Then it will be "Sold it!" when I'm asked.

Thanks for this post. It helped me see what was at play.

recent pics

Couple more recent pics of the car outside.......the first pics are when I first bought the car and had it trailered home in Dec. 08.

Attachments

• 87 Grand National & 08 Harley 052.jpg
    87 Grand National & 08 Harley 052.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 977
  • 87 Grand National & 08 Harley 051.jpg
    87 Grand National & 08 Harley 051.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 982