'87 GN True 8 Second Street Car 1200+HP

X-FORD MAN

1987 Grand National with 46,400+ mi. on the body, gets 17 mpg on the hwy, and you can drive in traffic with no issues. You can drive down to a decent hooking track, run some 8's, and drive home. This car has been in car shows with excellent results, trophies and cash winnings. Most of this car was professionally built by Behind Bars Race Cars in IL. $42,000 and shipping to west coast port included. call (808) 554-3669 or (808) 683-0522 E-mail me for pics at underpressureracing@hawaiiantel.net Thank You!

377ci. Motown block
3.48" Eagle 4340 crank
6" Eagle H-Beam rods
Wiseco 20cc dish pistons
CompCams solid roller
Port matched Brodix Track 1 heads 2.08 stainless intake/1.6 inconel exhaust
Super Victor converted to EFI
Accufab 90mm polished throttle body
96# injectors
BBRC custom plenum
Twin 66mm turbos from Limit Engineering
BBRC custom stainless steel headers
Twin ATR wastegates
Tial blow off valve
Innovative electronic boost controller
CAS huge front mount intercooler 6" thick
Dual SX fuel pumps with dual billet filters with 50 micron ss mesh
-10 feed line and -8 return all braided lines
Aeromotive fuel regulator
FAST sequential system with wide band
FAST data logger
MSD digital 7 ignition box
MSD crank trigger
MSD distributor
MSD HVC coil
Turbo 400 with 2.66 first gear, trans brake, reverse manual valve body
Coan 10" steel stator convertor
Denny's Nitrous Ready driveshaft
Chassis Works FAB 9" housing
Strange Engineering third member with 3.70:1 gearing, spool, aluminum pinion support.
Strange 35 spline axles with 5/8" wheel studs
Wilwood disc brakes on all four corners
Wilwood master cylinder
BBRC chromemoly 12 point roll cage with swing-outs
Frame is "X" braced with chromemoly
Chassis Works ladder bars
Chassis Works wheelie bars
Chassis Works anti-roll bar
Koni adjustable shocks on all four corners
2" front drop spindle
Simpson Skyjacker parachute
Centerline Convo Pro rims
Mickey Thompson Drag Radials 295/65 R-15 and MT's front runners
Mini tub in the back
Charged Air Systems aluminum radiator
Dual electric fans
Meziere electric water pump
Borla XR-1 mufflers
12 gallon aluminum fuel cell

I could go on and on with this list, just call if you're serious. Thanks!

In Il. she ran 8.60 @ 160 on a good track since then about 200# was removed from the car. In Hawaii on a unpreped track with potholes the most boost she could hold was 16 psi with a time of 9.4's at 143.

I forgot to mention that the price is NOT negotiable. I would have a hard enough time letting it go, if I sold it for any less I would be sick to my stomach. The reason I'm selling, our run down track in hawaii closed and it looks like it might be some time before another gets built. Thanks!

where you at in HI?

if its oahu and youre talking about HRP, I can also attest to the track being crap.

X-FORD MAN said:
Most of this car was professionally built by Behind Bars Race Cars in IL.

They do some of the nicest work I've ever seen. Definatly a top-notch place!

pics

Attachments

• DSC00082.jpg
    DSC00082.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 3,744
  • DSC00297.JPG
    DSC00297.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,999
  • TTv8.jpg
    TTv8.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,999
Hmmmmmmm, should I buy it......................lol, good luck with the sale buddy. VERY NICE CAR!!!! Have personally seen it run numerous times at the strip until it closed. New owner will not be disappointed.
:cool:

quicker6 said:
Hmmmmmmm, should I buy it......................lol, good luck with the sale buddy. VERY NICE CAR!!!! Have personally seen it run numerous times at the strip until it closed. New owner will not be disappointed.
:cool:

Thanks Bro! Maybe I should keep the car and move up there, sounds like you're doing good for yourself. :)

DUDE,

That thing is sick and looks perfect.
Do you have any full sized pictures?
I will ask around and see if there is any interest locally.

Best regards,

X-FORD MAN said:
Thanks Bro! Maybe I should keep the car and move up there, sounds like you're doing good for yourself. :)

Thats always an option. Racing is in the blood and its hard to let go of. Couldn't do it myself, hence the move. Besides that, its a lot cheaper to live up here. WAY CHEAPER!!! Means more money left over for the toys, lol.

Oh yeah, bump for a nice car and it is in PERFECT condition! Always well taken care of.

quicker6 said:
Thats always an option. Racing is in the blood and its hard to let go of. Couldn't do it myself, hence the move. Besides that, its a lot cheaper to live up here. WAY CHEAPER!!! Means more money left over for the toys, lol.

Oh yeah, bump for a nice car and it is in PERFECT condition! Always well taken care of.

Thanks for the kind words :D

I hear ya, Hawaii's cost of living is crazy, 87 octane is still above $3 a gallon at some stations. :eek:

John Wilde said:
DUDE,

That thing is sick and looks perfect.
Do you have any full sized pictures?
I will ask around and see if there is any interest locally.

Best regards,

Hi John, Thanks for the complements. I met your boy Chris at the SSCN in Vegas last year, cool guy and haul'in ass car.
It would be too much work to put the stock suspension back in. I have some old photos but i'll post some current ones when I get off shift.

Attachments

• car_full_view2.JPG
    car_full_view2.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,668
  • Rear_view2.jpg
    Rear_view2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,655