87 GN stolen in St. Louis

boosted231

I always hoped that I would never have to post here. I walked out of work today and my GN was gone. Stolen in south St. Louis county. I am totally out of my mind right now. I have worked on this car for about 4 years and alot of labor and love went into it. I have 7 kids and it has taken me along time to save for this car and now some piece of s##t took it from me. Some people just don't understand they think it is just a car. I would be real suprised if it showed up. I just started driving it about 3 months ago and only had liability on it so Im screwed. Well anyway here is the vin # 1G4GJ1175HP434023
If anyone can help I thank you and God Bless.

Kevin

Sorry to hear about your car. I will make this post a sticky.

keep us posted.

Thanks, Louie I appreciate that very much. I've owned alot of cool cars over the years including a 64 GTO, 70 Boss 302, AMX and so on. The Grand National was always my dream car. I've managed to raise 7 children well 3 are still at home so cash is something that I never had alot of lying around but I started saving until I found my GN. I would buy parts as I could afford them and enjoy everything that I could do to rebuild this car. I've spent countless hours on this board and learned a great deal from everyone on this board. The Turbo Buick People are the best I have ever encountered.

I came home today and looked at my wife and actually broke down. I can't even remember the last time I cried. And no I'm not a wuss. I guess my GN was the one thing that would take me away from the madness of the world and every time I would get behind the wheel it always put a smile on my face. I just feel sorry for the person who took it from me because he took away more than just a car.

I'm going to start saving again and someday I will own another Turbo Buick. I also wanted to say thanks to the board for their support and all the members who have helped me. I will continue to come here often.:)

God Bless,
Kevin

Update, I was contacted by St. Louis Police and they located my car. I left work early and went to pick it up at the tow yard. The car was sitting in a bunch of mud. It was quite a job just to get the car. I haven't had much of a chance to look the car over real good yet but from I can tell at a glance they ripped up the steering column, ripped the lock out of the trunk lid which is now trashed, cut all the wires going to the battery and stole the battery, ripped the stereo out of the dash and took the stereo and amps among everything else in the car, took the boost gauge and pod, They roasted the rear tires so there is very little tread left and there is rubber all over the exhaust pipes and lower quarters. I'm not sure if the motor is toast yet since all the wiring is cut. I'm thankful they didn't wreck it. It's going to take some time to check everything out. Thanks to all for your support. :)
Kevin

I am over by Joplin about 4hrs from you If there is anything I can do to help you get your car back on the road just let me know.

BOOSTBROTHER

Kevin Man I am GLAD you got it back anyway, I take it that a good security system will be your next investment! Did they catch the punks that took it? 5 mins in a locked room with people like that God just 5 mins!!!!!!!! Hope they catch and fry their butt , maybe they will get a sweet room with a guy named bubba that thinks they have a sweet tush!!!!!!!! Daniel

I'm from the Washington, DC area where a ridiculous amount of cars get stolen every year. Enforcement by police for a stolen car is NOT a priority by any remote stretch of the imagination.

It's great you found your car, at least it seems to be fixable. My mom had her car stolen out of a train station a few years back while she was at work. The car was found a month and a half later, with the original tags still on it, and about 1500 more miles on it. The people who stole it were just driving it around with the regular tags on it the whole time. Get this, they got about 8 red light camera tickets, as well as 2 parking tickets in this time that got sent to my mom when they tracked the tags.. She kept getting the red light tickets in the mail with pics of the car at various places around the DC metro area. The car had been reported stolen the whole time, and these cameras were just snapping pics, and the meter maids just wrote up tickets. Nice...

Insurance company paid for everything damaged on the car, and my mom didn't have to pay any of the tickets, but the cops told her that even if they catch the people who did it, they probably won't see any prison time unless they do something more than steal a car, or have outstanding warrants for other crimes, blah blah... Great...

I guess you have to murder someone now to get in jail around here as the jails are FULL in DC.. They let people out all the time, or the people never do anywhere near their entire sentence, or go on parole early, etc...

Anyway, one would hope the people who stole your car eventually get their just reward but after what happened to my moms car around here, I'm not so sure crime doesn't pay for some people..

Billy

Hey how about a update on your car? Please tell me they didn't kill the motor in her. Daniel Ray

Well I have been ordering parts for the car but have not yet put them on. I still have to buy new tools because all my good tools were in the trunk. Still working out deals on some more parts. They did not catch the people who took it. When I get it cranked up or not I will let you know if it runs. Take care

Sorry to hear about your car......... that would make me crazy :mad:

Know my buddy here local has a column he'd sell pretty cheep if U haven't already replaced it.

Hope they didn't mess up your drivetrain. Good luck!!

That makes me sick. I'm glad you got her back though. I lost mine tonight so I know how you feel. Good luck and I hope it works out.

boosted231 said:
I guess my GN was the one thing that would take me away from the madness of the world and every time I would get behind the wheel it always put a smile on my face.
Kevin

I know what you are talking about. When I get in my car and drive to work and back just hearing the motor wine and spool up is, relaxing. :D Also Glad to hear you got it back I could not imagine what I would do if some one took mine just for the motor.. I am sure the motor is fine, they always take a beating and still keep going .. ;)

Chris