87 GN, new motor $7K

turbosam6

My cars suck
Thought I'd start a new thread since the other one was getting a bit long!:) Anyway, 1987 GN, clean title, 138K on the body. Had new paint late 90's, looks nice, new tires, stock rims in good shape, 1 has a rust bubble about 1" long, otherwise very nice with all the center caps. Good brakes, tranny was freshened with stock internals late 90's, has an orange stripe convertor, shifts firm and doesn't slip. The tranny has a leak on the pan gasket, easy fix. Posi rear, 3:42 gears, still works fine and has been serviced. CLEAN interior, you would never guess the mileage looking at it. The only flaw in the interior is the speaker panel up fron has cracked, very common on these cars. We installed a new motor, as the old one got ruined due to some bad mechanical work. Its new from the intake to oil pan, stock block, stock rods and pistons, decked 8445 heads with new comp valve springs, seals, and guides. Has Comp 212 cam also, stock 38,000 mile turbo from my buddies car, 42 lb. injectors, chip, 3" THDP, 3" MAF pipe with K&N, stock rewelded headers, powdercoated stock intake and plenum, very nice. If the stock accessories weren't on the front it would be really sharp. Oil psi at hot idle after cam break in was 19 psi with 10W30 oil. A/C worked before engine blew, seems to work now but its cold here so its hard to tell, but its charged and seems to work. All power accessories work, including PW, PL, tilt, cruise, and power antenna. The power antenna doesn't go all the way up, but most of the way. Concert sound stereo, stock deck. Has Boost gauge, water, and oil.

The body is clean, and it is a hardtop. The only rust on the whole car is on the very corners of the doors, it has been repaired but you can see where they fixed it. Otherwise, the quarters and fenders are rock solid. Paint cleans up nice, the car would make a very nice cruiser.

Right now it needs a couple small things to be "done":
The tranny leak (as mentioned above)
The power steering is not working, may be bad pump or air in the system. New pump was $60.
Has an exhaust leak at the crossover, probably needs retorqued.
Car needs tuned, IAC's are high and I haven't boosted the car since the motor has literally 5 miles on it. It has a fp gauge on the rail, and runs pretty good, but some fine tuning would really make it smooth.

I think thats about it, I've been as honest about the car as I can, and it really looks better in person. The few people who have looked at it said it looked way better than I described, but I don't want any dissappointments. Asking $7000. This car is easily worth way more than that, but I'm allowing a generous amount to fix the few itmes needing addressed. I need to sell this to bring another car into the garage, and our baby is due next week, so time is not a luxury for me, otherwise I'd fix the stuff and ask more.

I have pics, although the car is dirty in them, you can see its nice. I even have maintenance reciepts dating back to the first owner and the original window sticker. The trunk tag is in place too. Feel free to call 217-202-0207 with questions or e mail turbosam6@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Wow, every car I see for sale here that compares to this one is $10K and above, you'd think someone would jump on this one.

You can send the pictures to me to host. I will place a link in your thread to the pictures once I have them up on my site.

Originally posted by turbosam6
Car is located in Champaign Illinois.

Give me your e mail if you want pics or e mail me at turbosam6@yahoo.com.

Thanks Whut, I'll send some out to you!

Send them to ashoberg@gmail.com and I will set up a site for you tonight.

Its a great Friday, I get to spend it sitting here buying mods for my GN :cool:

I know, I was going to try to get some new ones first, the ones I have suck. I'll get with you on it though, thanks!