87 gn lost power to radio and lighter

GW2

Alright, so I was cruising over to my girlfriends tonight when half way through my entirely too loud song the radio just dies. I checked the radio fuse and it was good so I thought i'd check the fuse in the back of my deck, while pulling off the radio trim I noticed the lighter was really hotm but the deck fuse was fine. which is fine too. As it turns out I've lost power to the radio, cigarette lighter, interior lights excluding dash lights. I checked the radie fuse and I don't have any manuals with me. Which other fuses should I check?

In short -
- no power to interior lights, radio, cigareter lighter
- lighter was hot
- what should I check?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

cig/clock. If you have the skills (fairly low-tech), run a new 12 gauge wire from the fuse block at one of the battery terminal points to the lighter with an in-line fuse. Those lighters are commonly problematic and a nice heavy gauge independent circuit to it will help stop future troubles. Just tape off the original connector so it doesn't spark against anything.

Figured it out as soon as I posted haha. Isn't that always the way. I swear I looked for half an hour before I posted, then cig/clock jumped out at me. I just disconnected the cigarette lighter and electrical taped off the connector.

Thanks for the quick response!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app