87 GN for sell/trade in FL

eodtech72

Price: $8500.00

Description:
-3 month old professional paint job with base coat/clear coat.
-GT6131E Ball Bearing turbo with HD actuator with less than 1k miles. Also have stock replacement turbo that was on car and had no problems.
-140k original miles. Runs very strong/fast. This has been my daily driver. 40 miles daily to work and back.
-36lb injectors with non-alky Thrasher chip. I have 42lb injectors and Turbo Tweak alky chip, just haven't installed yet.
-Hot wire fuel pump kit.
-SMC progressive alcohol injection kit.
-Chrome MAF pipe with 9" K&N filter.
-3.5" stainless THDP with cut-out.
-Hooker catback.
-4 new tires (235's) 3 months ago.
-A/C blows cold and hasn't leaked but the compressor is old with noisy bearings and has a hard time keeping up in extreme heat (100+). A new compressor will fix that.
-Interior is good for a driver quality. Rear seat looks perfect. Fronts are faded. Upper door panels need recovering and needs a new headliner.
-VDO console gauges (Water temp & Oil pressure).
-Scanmaster.
-A-pillar boost gage.
-Has aftermarket electric sunroof (dealer installed option I think). It works great but needs a gasket.
The reason I'm sellling is I bought a place on the lake and want a boat. The GN is my 4th car so decided to sell it to fund a boat. If you have a nice bowrider I would be interested in trades, but please no junk and must have pics and be relatively close or willing to drive.

Email any questions or PM for my cell number.
eodtech72@gmail.com

Tim B.

Attachments

• CIMG0099a.jpg
    CIMG0099a.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,169
  • DSC00633a.jpg
    DSC00633a.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,132
  • DSC00635a.jpg
    DSC00635a.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,131
  • DSC00637a.jpg
    DSC00637a.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,127
  • DSC00638a.jpg
    DSC00638a.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,115
Couple more pics

Can take more pics, just let me know what you want to see. Serious buyers only please.

Attachments

• DSC00640a.jpg
    DSC00640a.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,116
  • CIMG0107a.jpg
    CIMG0107a.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,119
this looks like a nice car at the price. This oughta sell fast .... How much did you spend on paint ?

Paint...

Posting this so anyone interested hears the story too...

I took it to get painted and told them I just wanted all the dings/scraps fixed and a good driver quality paint job. They recommended a single stage with integrated clear which would be $1400 and some change total. After it was done it had considerable orange peel so I told them I wasn't happy with it. I took it to an associate of the paint shop to have it wet sanded and buffed. Turns out they didn't put enough material on some places and the sanding/buffing went through the paint. So long story short, after letting my opinion be known they stripped it and repainted it with base/clear "No Charge to me". It has not been cut/buffed and I don't think it needs it. It looks great and I wouldn't mind hanging on to it but the wife and kids want a boat....and so do I, so she has to go.:(

Ttt

and please, if it isn't a boat I'm not interested in trading.
Reading is fundamental.....

More pics

Here you go.... Turbo covers come with it but need to be modified to fit.

Attachments

• DSC00657a.jpg
    DSC00657a.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 959
  • DSC00658a.jpg
    DSC00658a.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 956
  • DSC00659a.jpg
    DSC00659a.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 949
  • DSC00660a.jpg
    DSC00660a.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 950
  • DSC00661a.jpg
    DSC00661a.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 943
Last ones....

Enjoy

Attachments

• DSC00662a.jpg
    DSC00662a.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 944
  • DSC00663a.jpg
    DSC00663a.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 939
  • DSC00664a.jpg
    DSC00664a.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 933
  • DSC00665a.jpg
    DSC00665a.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 938
Really?

I guess I should have addressed this sooner....

The price is firm. It's already a good deal...

Thanks for looking.

That's the way I bought it. I assumed it was just a vacuum brake conversion since I read so much about powermaster problems. Everything else looks normal and the brakes work great. Thanks for educating me on that.

Since you're asking questions, are you interested in buying the car?

No they have not. If they had been the price would not be $8500... The car runs great and the tranny shifts normal.

Thanks for looking.

That's the way I bought it. I assumed it was just a vacuum brake conversion since I read so much about powermaster problems. Everything else looks normal and the brakes work great. Thanks for educating me on that.

Since you're asking questions, are you interested in buying the car?

I would be potentially interested, but it does not appear that you know much about cars at all because if you looked at that brake setup and thought it was a vacuum brake conversion, one would think that you saw something related to "vacuum" there, which there is not.

That power assist/Hydroboost setup is similar(or possibly the same and came off of) to ones that were on the g-bodies with a diesel engine in the late 70's to early 80's that runs off the power steering for assist rather than vacuum because the older diesel engines in those cars did not generate vacuum other than what vacuum came from the vacuum pump mounted in the place of the distributor and that only made enough vacuum to be used for the cruise and HVAC door actuators.

After looking over this ad thoroughly and looking at the pics and your responses and what seemed to me like a little attitude and lack of knowledge of these cars, I decided not to pursue the car. It did not appear that you know enough ablut these cars to accurately describe what you have and are trying to sell. Nothing derogatory mean't by that, just an opinion based on this thread.

On the surface, it looks like a good deal with what a quality repaint would cost, not without seeing it in person, it is hard to tell the quality of a repaint.

Regardless, based on what you have advertised, it is a advertised as a 140k GN with some mods, a hole cut in the roof for the aftermarket sunroof that leaks and some strange things that have been done(IE: changed over power assist brake setup), front seats look like they were recovered at some point and worn out again. Appears that it may be more miles than the 140k advertised, but I have no way to know for sure. Lots of little things, but the exterior pics look really good.

Personally, I think it would be a good idea to check Carfax and Autocheck for additional information on this car before doing anything.

The car has positive and negative points. I have been studying these cars and ads real hard and learning from friends that have these cars because I am looking to buy one(and was originally considering this one). I am not trying to give anyone grief here. Just trying to point out things that I saw in the pics or perceived from what was written in this thread.

From what I have been looking at, if the car looks good in person, it does not appear to be a bad deal, but it is not a great deal either. You stated that you only wanted serious buyers and that the price was firm. I can respect that, but with the engine and trans not being rebuilt and the car obviously have been run pretty hard based on the upgrades and changes, I think it is only an average deal after giving full consideration to everything noted.

Seeing it in person is really the only way to know for sure.

Kudos to you for trying to be honest with the knowledge you have of these cars and a car that the exterior does look real good in the pics. Good luck with the sale!

You know what they say about opinions....

Thanks for your analysis of the car and my knowledge. Just because I never paid attention to the brake conversion doesn't mean I don't know the car. I knew it was not original but worked very well and for a daily driver that's all I needed. I did all the mods myself with help/knowledge from this site. Car is tuned perfectly at 22psi as it sits "0" knock. A carfax was run and it is clear and the mileage is consistant. The interior was the last part of the car I was going to restore and the price I'm asking allows for that. I am very honest with my description and don't claim to be an expert on GN's but that's why I'm a member of this site. And just so I know, how do you gauge the car has been run hard? By performance upgrades? Faded interior? The car was bought by the last owner with 8k miles. She died and the car sat in her son's shed until I bought it earlier this year. Instead of trying to guess the history of a car, it's much easier to ask the owner first. That's just my "opinion" though.

As for attitude, if you've ever tried to sell a car on this site you should understand some of the responses/offers/tire kickers that come out of the woodwork, and if you haven't than I guess you wouldn't understand.

Anyway, car looks to be sold so thanks for the input. If anyone else is actually interested I'll update when/if it sells first of the week.

Thanks

Back up for sale......

Both buyers wanted it, one tried to get a loan with not so good credit (ain't gonna happen). The other strung me along for 4 days, so no longer waiting on him.

I'm leaving town for the weekend but you can reach me on my cell:
(850)902-6050

Car will not be held. First person with the money takes it.

Enoy and have a good weekend.