87 GN, Documented, Reliable, TTops

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
I woke up today, and said, time to let the GN go...

2nd owner, documented. 137K miles. Repainted, but the hood and trunk could be resprayed again to be show quality. I had my paint guy buff the hood but it didn't come back to black. KDK rebuilt 3.8, stock spec except TRW forged pistons, fresh trans by Mike Demarco in Ft Myers- runs strong, chirps 1-2 at any speed and other shifts are firm. 13.0 @ 104.5 on pump gas only. Cut out the ttop metal and put in all SS hardware, new GM weatherstripping.

$9,900.00
A drop axle car trailer (to pull my Z06) + cash trade is also interesting...

Originally, I bought the car because I knew the T and vette were going under the knife and I needed transportation. When I looked to buy a GN, I wanted a documented, 1 owner, rebuilt car with forged pistons and minimal tasteful mods and that's what I found.

It has classic rust in the doors (dew sweeps rotted out and let water get in the doors) one bubble about the size of a eraser head and one bubble on the decklid where the trim fits in under the GN emblem.

I'm going to detail it up this weekend and get a ton more pictures. Here's the info on mods in detail and about how much I'v spent in preventative maintenance:

Link to 1987 Buick Regal Grand National

GN7.JPG

PM or post if interested and I'll pm you my cell# or you can pm me your number.

LOL love the camera angle after the scratch :biggrin:

Yeah it runs well! If I had a set of 26 inch slicks/MT ET radials it should pull 12's on pump gas street trim with baby seat and spare. These 60# injectors can spray some fuel! My 13.0s at 102-104 were on 28 inch tires from my other car and not ideal for a slower car so it didn't move out like I wanted 1.9-2.0 60 foots. I only have 10 runs down the track with this car and I know the previous owner didn't run it at the track. I'll be bringing the GN to Reynolds to support THS since my basket case of a T I had been building for THS would rather sit on jackstands than run...between the T and my new daughter being born I just dropped $25K in cash this summer:eek:

Had a new best in the car- 13.006 in the 1/4 mile with a 1.80 60 foot. I also replaced the blue up pipe hoses and put on the original black/orange hoses and original black clamps.

funny question for ya, how does the baby seat fit in the back??

Fits fine, its a forward facing one. Just run the passenger side belt through the mount hole in the seat. It is self locking when you pull it all the way out. Works perfect. I also don't allow foods back there, so no stains etc on the seat. Cool thing is my 2 yr old can climb in the car easily without my help and she gets into her seat no problems. Then I close my door and turn around from my seat and lock her harness on her.

I also have the original GM build sheet from the driver side door which never had its inner door panels removed until I replaced the dew sweeps:eek:

Uploaded the KDK engine receipts and the original build sheet to the website link in the first post where all the pictures are.

Buildsheet.JPG