87 GN Cleveland Ohio

Tony87gn

Ok this car has 109k on the body 2000 on the engine and around 150 on the transmission. Also a factory moonroof

Engine
The engine was fully rebuilt 2000 miles ago
Forged Eagle crank
Forged Speed pro pistons .30 over
stock rods that were redone with ARP bolts
Steel Mains
Comp Cams 212-212 flat tappet
Heads were also redone with all new valves, pushrods and valve springs
ARP head studs and bolts were used throughout the entire engine
Engine is bulletproof well into the tens
42 pound injectors
Fuel pump hotwired
Adjustable fuel regulator

Transmission
Transmission was rebuilt by Vince Janis not even 150 miles ago have reciept of all work that was done.
Look up his name on this board his a very respected man when it comes to these trannys.
3000 RPM stall

Exhaust
3 inch TH downpipe
3 inch test pipe with cutout in place of the cat car has collector plates so emissions isnt necessary
2.75 inch Hooker exhaust with aerochamber mufflers about 300 miles on it

Rear end
freshened up rear end with new posi and stock 3.42 gears

Suspension
Newer upper and lower rear control arms with polyurethane bushings, not sure of brand previous owner had them installed
Newer stock spec moog springs
Newer Koni adjustable shocks
Front end rebuilt with new parts about 4000 miles ago

Turbo and other
PT-51 turbo with about 6000 miles runs strong
Razors methanol injection
Maft-pro system Car does not have a MAF to worry about it runs flawless on speed density System also acts as a boost controller and you can fully tune the fuel parameters with either a wideband sensor ot O2 sensor more info on the system here maftpro.com
CAS V2 front mount with 3 inch piping
3inch CAI with 9 inch K@N filter

This car has all new sensors that went on before rebuild you will not be dissapointed in the performance of this car. Also has two boost gauges, oil pressure gauge and a scanmaster.

Now for the negative aspects of the car. Im not going to beat around the bush it needs paint. The hood is faded and it has some dents and dings. The car also has rust under the doors and rear quarters. Some surface rust on rear bumper. If you are looking for a very mechanically sound car that just needs a paint job this is the one for you. I have put around 4k into the engine rebuild and supporting mods and just recently 900 into the tranny you will not be dissapointed with the performance.
I will have pictures soon please only ask for them if you are seriously interested in buying the car.

Asking 10k or best offer

Ok I took alot of pictures and tried to highlight all of the problem areas on the car so there is no surprises if you buy it. Also some other things I forgot the lower door weatherstipping is shot on both sides i have one of the sides already though. Also the weatherstripping on the astroroof is getting bad and the strip on top of the doors are cracked. The upper weatherstripping is good though. The car needs a headlight but I will take care of that, Im getting new Sylvania headlights soon.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tony87gn/album?.dir=93cfre2

G80 code?

Isn't there supposed to be a G80 code on the sticker for the 87GNs. I thought posi was stnd equip on the 87GNs?

What about any rust in the floorboards?

Thanks.

Motor was rebuilt by a mechanic of mine, Crank was balanced by Victory engines out of Ohio, very good machine shop. I had the crank balanced so I didnt need to buy the BHJ balancer I had no plans to run in the tens so it wasnt necessary. And Thomas I guess the car didnt come with posi but a frsh posi unit was put in I could do a burnout video to show you ;) :biggrin: I dont believe posi was standard.

Oh and there is some surface rust on floorboards but nothing that I think is major.

Thinking of keeping it to get it painted this winter

Keep an eye out for it next spring with show paint :biggrin: :D

The only time I have seen it leak was in one of those laser washes, I never drive in the rain so Im not sure about that.