87 GN - 57,000 actual miles - Nice!!!!!

excobraguy

I'm putting this out now in preparation for selling my car in about 1-2 weeks. It's an 87 GN with 57,000 actual miles on it. It has the black style GNX wheels with new Firestone tires on it. The mod list is lengthy so I will list all of the parts below. The main thing is that the car is coming with a brand new built tranny, built to withhold 700+ horsepower, a new engine built by Mike Christiansen with a Revolution X roller cam..........I have lost interest in this car having it sit in the garage for so long.......add to that that my wife just lost her job to the good 'Ol economy, it's the perfect time to sell............

Here's the setup:
Std bore 109 Block (complete new bottom end!!!!!!)
The block is girdled with RJC's girdle but installed Mike's way......trust me, you will like the bulletproofness he has added to it!
RJC rocker shaft braces.
New Revolution X 210/215 roller cam from full throttle
PT6152E turbo with front mount intercooler with RJC boost control
Autometer guages for oil, boost and temp
High Z 65 lb injectors
Built 200-4R tranny rated to 700 HP (I have the receipt for $1500 for tranny)
ATR full exhaust, like brand new
Power Logger included.........I have the install software CD with it.
VPE stage III ported heads that were rated at 229 CFM
New in box Razor's alky control kit (will be included if I get asking price only)
Scanmaster 2.2 (new in box, will be included if I get asking price)
Eric Marshall Alky Chip (included if I get asking price)
Currently has Extender chip
MAF Translator LS1 MAF setup
The interior of the car is absolutely perfect, I mean perfect!
The power antenna does work by the way
The body is super straight and the only area needing attention is the rear bumper filler.
All sensors on the engine are new as well.

First estimations of the engine and combo are around 525 RWHP.........The engine is completed and I am installing it and the new tranny this week. I will post pictures out there as soon as possible as well. Someone's getting a hell of a deal here................I will let this car go for $17,000. You can even have the old tranny as well, it's in good shape, just didn't trust it.

Call or PM if you are interested, again pics are coming later this week......
Dean 573-330-4347

p.s. this car is amazingly fast.....on the old engine combo it ran a 12.6, on street tires @ 114 with like a 2.2 60 ' time, horrible at best. With the new cam, methanol injection and the alky chip...........it will be like night and day. This car will be an easy low 11 second car. :smile:

Here are some pics of the car. I will have better ones later this week:

1987GNPic2.jpg

ATRExhPic3.jpg

DSCN4460.jpg

Engine1.jpg

EnginePics510-18.jpg

Is that a New York license plate in the pic?

Any rust?

AC and everything works fine?

Is driveability normal?

Is that a New York license plate in the pic?

Any rust?

AC and everything works fine?

Is driveability normal?

Yep, NY plate.....that is a pic of the car when the previous owner to me owned it.........driveability is normal, A/C works fine as well. I'm not pushing the car too hard right now as far as selling it........I will be in the next week or two though. Accepting all offers, it is super nice and the interior is as good as new. I will have more pics this week of exterior and interior. Also, the Razors kit is brand new, not even installed yet, the Eric Marshall alky chip is also new, never installed.........as well as the Scanmaster. I have over 22k in this car as it sits right now..........

Oh yeah, someone asked if there was any rust on the car..........no way, the car is completely rust free. I have gone over it with a fined tooth comb and it is completely rust free...........

Just a quick update, the engine builder called tonight, the new engine is ready for pickup!!!!!!!!!! Getting it tomorrow evening and installing this weekend. Whoever buys this thing is going to be extremely happy!!!! A new built tranny, a new GIRDLED THE RIGHT WAY engine and a whole bunch of goodies included. Again, this car has just 57,000 actual miles and looks great inside and out..........I will post pics tomorrow evening of the new engine and tranny along with some of the interior...........Thanks for all the PMs on it guys..

By the way......I have over $5500 in the new engine, $1500 in the tranny..........that's $7000 of brand new stuff in this car, no wonder the wife wants to kill me!!!!!!!!

What all was done to the bottom end? Stock crank and rods? Crank turned? What pistons? Is the intake port matched? Might be interested. Got a guy looking at buying mine which is a high miler. Looking to get something nicer.

Bump for a clean ride!

Thanks man! Well, I picked up the engine and started the install. I was helping my son with his Mustang and the hood slammed down on my knuckels!!!!!! This has delayed my progress. The engine will be installed by next weekend for sure............taking pics today, sorry for the delay.

What all was done to the bottom end? Stock crank and rods? Crank turned? What pistons? Is the intake port matched? Might be interested. Got a guy looking at buying mine which is a high miler. Looking to get something nicer.

The bottom end has a stock GN crank turned .010/.010. The rods and pistons are stock as well. Mike convinced me that the pistons in these cars were made to take the abuse. I bought the crank and rods from a board member from a low mileage GN. The block was in such good shape that it only required a cleanup. Mike prepped the block his way for the girdle, no plastic shims were used. He machined the block and new caps to all be level for the girdle install. The girdle is also fastened directly to the block and caps, no panrail gap like what RJC says, this strengthens the whole setup much better. Mike also machined the timing cover for the cam and machined the oil pump for better volume. The cam is a brand new Revolution X 210/215 cam, it is a roller cam. Also, the rocker shafts are the heavy duty solid steel shafts.......Mike was impressed with the components that went into the engine. He told me that the engine would hold up well into the low 10's with no problems......oh, the intake is port matched to the heads by the way........