87 GN 10.60 @130mph, rough body for sale

ChrisChow

Too many projects. Since I purchased the Grand National from my buddy in Idaho, I've spent way too much time at the local Buick dealer buying resto' parts for her

It runs 10.60's at 130 with 26 to 27lbs of boost on a specially built 200R4 with a Las Vegas Performance Trans, mechanical trans brake.

With real slicks and that MPH, it "should" do 10.20's. If you turn the boost up to 34 psi it could do a high 9.

It has a crap load of mods. I'm lowering from my original post to $14,000.00.

The trans is fresh and withstands the torque and weight of the car. The trans will not destroy itself the day you buy it.

But, there are paint chips, scratches and roof that's crumpled due to the previous owner not checking if the hood pins were left on the car.

When you think of all the "new" cars you could buy, I think this has more attitude than your typical Mitsu EVO. Which cost $29,000.00 to $33,000.00 and runs mid to low 13's with the right driver.

There are two Videos here from Sac Raceway in April: http://www.norcal1320media.com/Sacraceway041605/

Here are the mods list:

Engine:

JE forged pistons. 0.020" over
Forged steel mains w/ ARP studs
Rods have been bushed on the small end for JE piston pins w/ARP rod bolts
ARP studs for heads
Balanced reciprocating assembly
Ported Champion GN1 aluminum heads
Severe duty stainless steel valves
Professionally ported by Todd Mckenzie Cylinder heads in Oxnard Ca.
Duttweiler Spec hydraulic roller Cam (it's a really healthy cam )
True double roller timing chain
Hartline cast aluminum valve covers
Scorpion roller rockers
Aftermarket pushrods
PTE front cover
high volume oil pump
ATR stainless headers
3" stainless downpipe
Innovative Turbo T72 R trim turbo
ATR single shot stainless 3" exhaust and stainless muffler. Dumps in front of rear axle. PTE front mount intercooler
Accufab 70mm throttle body
BHJ aftermarket balancer
Billet top adj. fuel pressure regulator
72lb Siemans fuel injectors
Billet IAC relocator
Phenolic spacer with RJC aluminium power plate
PTE polished high flow upper plenum (dog house)

Body
Urethane H&R motor mounts
All body bushings replaced with Energy Suspension Polyurethane bushings
6 point chromoly roll bar. Door bars are swing-out and detacheable. 5 point driver Simpson racing harness
Wolfe racecraft adjustable rear anti-roll bar
Eibach springs on all 4 corners (1" lower all the way around)'
Hotchkiss rear suspension brace
Hotchkiss boxed and powder coated rear control arms (all 4)
Fiberglass hood
Aluminum bumper supports front and rear
Aluminum front bumper shock replaced stock steel bumper shock

Drive train
Performance Transmissions of Las Vegas 200r4 with 1st gear trans brake (rebuilt in Summer of 2005)
200R4 with 90% of anything you can upgrade that Performance trans has to offer (2400.00$ in upgrades)
Performance Trans deep aluminum tranny pan
Forged Moser rear axles
9" 911 torque converter
MT ET Street RADIALS (275 60 15") new only 500 miles old (new in Summer of 2005)

Miscellaneous
Innovative Turbo Electronic Boost controller
The A/C has been deleted. The condensor is included. The heater box is intact and remains installed. No rear speakers
Roof has been damaged from hood flying open
Custom installed shifter
New OEM rebuilt starter motor (new in Spring of 2005)
FAST ECU setup for street or strip. FAST is Wide Band enabled and is SEQUENTIAL option enabled.
Runs 10.60's at 130mph at 27 psi of boost on old Hoosier DOT tires. Will easily do better on ET with slicks. Probably 10.20's.
New OEM rebuilt alternator (new in Winter of 2004)
New HD radiator core (new in Spring of 2005)
New gel type 12V battery (New in Winter of 2004)
New Driver's side body weather strip (new in Summer of 2005)
New windshield wiper arm (passenger side) (New in Summer of 2005)
Dual SX pumps (Each pump good for 700 to 800hp)
Dual SX fuel filters
-8AN stainless braided fuel line
Two -8AN outlets welded to stock gas tank
power door locks
power windows
Autometer Carbon Fiber Tach 5" face with peak recall
Autometer Carbon Fiber electronic oil pressure gauge
Autometer Carbon Fiber electronic 30 to 30lb boost gauge (electric recall/peak/alam function)

headlight-driver.jpg

passenger%7E0.jpg

forged-axles.jpg%7E0.jpe

DR-front.jpg

engine.jpg

Dang! Why couldn't this be for sale last year :mad: ? This is exactly what I was looking for! Good Luck on your sale!

Thanks this would be a great "strip car" and can be driven on the street. I drive it to work at least 2 times per week 15 mile commute and have been able to get 30+ mpg on the freeway...due to tuning with the wide band FAST system.
It drives great for a 10 second vehicle.

vader87 said:
Dang! Why couldn't this be for sale last year :mad: ? This is exactly what I was looking for! Good Luck on your sale!

Just wanted to edit that the car comes with a 15 gallon fuel cell with a WORKING GM fuel sender to the factory gas guage.

It has an ATR single shot exiting the driver side at an angle BEHIND the rear tire.

It has a brand new driver's side windshield wiper.

It runs strong up to 28 psi. I will not push the boost up any further...that's for the new owner to try out.

It will come with a stock gas tank with the sump welded as an "uninstalled part". I had to replace the stock tank and welded sump system because I had to keep the tank filled with 40% high in order for the pumps to not run dry. I recently installed a brand new black plastic 15 gallon fuel cell so that I can get every last drop of gas to the pumps.

Those are new lower front air dams left and right installed on the car.

By the way, the Duttweiler roller cam and lifters were actually purchased from Kenny Duttwiler specifically for this car. When I gave him the specs of the car, he came up with the cam for it. It has between 230 and 233 degrees of duration. And it pulls on the top end like a few others on this board.

Looking for a jeep? I sure would like to have this GN! Worth a try!
steering020.jpg

More pics

More pictures. The roof damage is shown in one of the pictures. That's the only body damage on the car. It shows up a little in the other pic too. I have a couple of bites but people want more pictures. So here they are:

normal_pass_long.jpg

pass_rear.jpg

roof.jpg

front.jpg

front_upper.jpg

dr_fender.jpg

dr_rear.jpg

Door1.jpg

back.jpg