87 FWD Turbo Riv

TTypeRiv

JUSTARIV
Hey guys,
I finally got my FWD Turbo Riviera project running pretty smooth now. Just a couple questions if anyone can help:

1. I know most people out there know about RWD cars, but mine is FWD, but maybe someone can help. When I first installed the turbo and got it running, I put check valves in all the vacuum lines. This was fine except for the tranny. It would shift up okay, but it wouldn't downshift. It would slip and almost seem like it was getting caught inbetween gears. So I disconnected the vacuum modulator, and it shifts fine, just like it should. Can I just leave the vacuum modulator unhooked and plug that vacuum line? Or will this hurt my tranny?

2. While my car seems to run okay, I think it could run better. First off, it seems to cut out a little at anything over 3500 RPMs. I think this may be the computer trying to retard the timing, and it not being able to since I don't have a turbo computer. I am using the stock 87 Riviera computer. I tried hooking up an 85 GN computer, but that didn't work. I also tried putting an 85 GN chip in my 87 Riv computer, but still didn't work. So I didn't know if somone out there could burn a chip for me that would work in my 87 Riv computer, but still work with the turbo?

Thanks guys for any help you can give.