87 ecm

WH1 85

My car came with a maf translator. I thought that this would mean that I must have the 87 ecm. But recently I have heard different.

I have had the car for awhile but it's been a daily driver. Now that I have my firebird done my tr will only be seeing weekend cruising and track duty. The previous owner had a long list of mods already done to the car. Air bags, aluminum rad., electric fan, adjustable wastegate, snubber, cold air induction, k&n filter, translator, oil press., boost, water temp, and fuel pressure gauges.

So now that I have the time, and a few extra dollars the tr will finally be getting the attention that it deserves.

I was told that the car has the 87 ecm and a walpro 307 fuel pump. How can I make sure that both are correct. I'm going to the track this week to get my baseline timeslips. I'm also ordering a scantool this week. I want to get it tuned right before I add anything else to the car.

My car is an 85 WH1 T-Type. It does have posi. And it seems to run very strong. I can peel the tires on demand. It has 135,000 miles on it. And I have been driving daily for 10 months and have had nearly no problems with it at all. You can tell that whoever owned her before really loved her. I found it on a car lot.

So how do you make certain you have the 87 ecm. And is there a simple way to be sure I have an upgraded fuel pump.

I believe the 87 ecm has 3 connection parts whereas the hot-air has a 2 part. (I could be wrong) When you get your scantool you will start to see if you are running out of power or not. Chances are with all those mods the pump was replaced. I dont know of any good way to verify it.

Your ECM will have part number #1277148. If your pump has been upgraded you should have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Hot air cars came stock with Bosch 233 regulators. Otherwise you will have to pull the tank to see if its been changed. I would think with as many miles you car has that the fuel pump has been changed?

The 87 ecm has the digits of 1227148. The 84-85 ecm is 569 (I think). The plugs are the same (that is how the swap is done except for adding the IAT wire to the C-11 port).

Hey Eric!
Thanks for the 2200 ohmm resistor/MAT trick. I put this on my 87 ECM today. It kicks donkey!

It is a pretty neat trick. There are some pretty smart guys around here and I know them both. :D