87 442, 403 big block, $5000, NJ

nighthawk355x

Disciple of speed
Selling my 87 442, need money and this is my only option. The car has a lot of money in it, with receipts for all the major work, just had an alignment done, new starter, and tune up 50 miles ago. It's an overall clean, solid car that runs well and needs very little. I'm at $5000 right now and have to stick firm to that because it'd be hard to find nicer for that.

It's a true 442, can provide the vin for carfax, Euro nose, 403 big block olds motor(rebuilt 2 years ago when installed), edelbrock intake manifold, holley 750 dp carb, chrome valve covers/air cleaner, built 200r4 trans with baby 2100 converter, 4:10's, american racing wheels(1 year old), long tube headers, custom true dual exhaust with chrome side exit tips after the rear wheels, Maaco paint job(not original colors or stripe kit but not bad), GN steering wheel, dash is from another G-body(not sure year/model), old one was terrible, 5" tach, dual a-pillar pod, high flow water pump, flex fan, optima red top battery, etc, etc

Car has a lot into it, it's not a show car, but I wouldn't be ashamed in the slightest to take it to one. The body's decent, few dings here and there but nothing terrible, NO RUST, frame is clean, everything's pretty straight. With very little tlc this would make an awesome toy for someone.

TLC needed:
-wiper motor
-few odds/ends to be show worthy
-shim the starter
THAT'S IT.

Drive it home. It runs fine! I have receipts for almost $7k and that doesn't include some pieces like intake/carb/headers/wheels/etc. It's probably got about $9k in it total. I priced it reasonable for a quick sale. Let me know. Pics and more details at

Garages > nighthawk355x's Garage - FQuick.com

My name is Matt, I'm in Edison, NJ, my cell is 848-250-3006, e-mail is venomsvtcobra@aol.com

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

Nice car. Surprised it hasn't sold yet. And just so know, the 403 is an Olds small block. Good luck on the sale.

of course your in Jersey, and I'm in Idaho, oh well, trade for a 99 Yamaha
Roadstar per chance, 1 0wner, loaded, 22k miles very nice bike, thanks.

Ron

Nice looking car.
The 403 is not a "big block" Olds engine. It shares the same dimentiions as the the Olds 350. Olds big blocks were 400, 425 and 455. I had a 403 in a 79 T/A that I had build with #7 heads and mild cam. Went mid 13s on street tires with 3.42 gears. They are not a bad engine, just can't wind them out with those windowed mains.

Starter took a crap on me, I'd love to just fix it but have no time, so now I'm fairly negotiable. Someone can get a hell of a deal here...

Doesn't mean I'll cut the price in half for a $200 fix, but I'll definately move more than what it needs.

do you still have the stock rally pac? i noticed the pics had the granny gauges... 87 442 is the only year that has the 120 speedo and its a desirable item if buyin an 87.

do you still have the stock rally pac? i noticed the pics had the granny gauges... 87 442 is the only year that has the 120 speedo and its a desirable item if buyin an 87.

Unfortunately no, as i said if someone's looking for an all original numbers matching 442, pass on this car. This is more of a nicely built driver. It HAS been tampered with, doesn't have many original parts, but as stated is a damn solid drivable car with a small fortune in new parts.

I don't know wtf happened with the starter, but you can hear it wind up like it's not engaging with the flywheel. It just whines when you hit the key.

Obviously it's hard to buy a car without driving it, but I'm not going to just give out my phone number and address to someone knowing the car's a mess. It'd bite me in the ass, because I know if it were me I'd track the person down and cause a problem. So anyway, if anyone trusts me on my word, come take a look.

If someone wants it as is I'll let it go cheap. Throw in a starter and you have one hell of a sick car!

The starter isn't engaging at all, you can hear it spin but it's not hitting the flywheel. If you want to check it out top to bottom be my guest, bring a mechanic, whatever you want. No BS, All it needs is a starter and it'll run/drive/shift/handle perfect.

And as I said, I have an envelope full of receipts for ALL work totalling around $7000. Trans BY ITSELF was $3000.

I'll do $3500 as it sits because I'm desperate for money. If no one takes it and I have to fix it price goes back up.