86 T-Type WH1

87GNLVR

I'm looking at purchasing an 86 GN T-type WH1 which had a limiteD production run of 463 or so.It's tHE two tone grey car.It has 40,000 miles and original owner.Extremely clean under carriage and flawlress original paint and interior not to mention a very clean engine bay.My question is how much is this car worth?...he's asking $12,000 USD.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

If the car is two tone grey its either been repainted or its not a WH1. Check my avatar pic, thats the paint scheme for a WH1.

Thanks for the response.Maybe I described the paint wrong but your avatar pic is exactly how this WHI looks like.It also has a moonroof...did WH1's come with them or not?

Once gain I appreciate all of your help in getting back to me so soon.

Mike

Yes, it was an available option. Check the trunk label for option code CF5. I know some have aftermarket moonroofs.

I most definetly will.Is there anything else I need to look for specifically?I will send pics of car when I go see it tonight.

Thanks

Mike

Lots of wh1 info here. Buick Regal WH1 Registry

Take a pic of the rpo code sheet on the trunk lid and use this page to translate it. Scroll to the bottom to look up codes. Buick Turbo Regal Option Codes (Regular Production Options - RPO)

The only things that are specific to a wh1 that I know of are the pin stripes seperating the paint. They are discontinued by GM, so if the car needs a repaint, either you'll have to have the stripes painted on or go with something non-factory appearing.

A wh1 is also the only T-type package other than the Grand National to get the rear spoiler.

As I understand an 86 wh1 is probably the most rare T-type package. I have an 86 with T-tops that I'm building into a TSM car. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/show-car-restoration-body-repair/317036-86-wh1-restomod.html

I couldn't tell you what it's worth, but I could see it easily bringing $12K to someone who knows what a wh1 is.

Went to see car tonight and I guess it wouldn't surprise some of you that it was a huge disappointment.The interior was extremly clean,looked like a car with 10k miles instead of 40k miles.

The paint was scratched and faded and the rims looked like they belonged on a car that had 140k miles.What bugs me the most was that the seller obviously sent me pics that were not of his actual T-Type but one that was in an immaculate condition,which I confronted him on it.

Anyhow,I truly appreciate everyone's help on the forum and the hunt goes on.

Mike

does it have the cf5 power moonroof? that is the exact car i want!!! i have had about 20 turbo cars but that is my personal dream car.86 wh1 grey bucket seat interior with the cf5 power moon roof. please pm me where it is and contact info on the car if you are passing on it. pretty please