'86 T-Type in Houston For Sale

Robert Walton

Proud to be an Infidel
'86 T-Type Houston

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T-Tops. Stock Turbine Wheels with stock size tires, all new. Body and frame have not been hit or wrecked. The only rust I know of is a small Half Dollar size hole in the drivers side floor and rust under the drivers side T-Top weather strip. I have owned the car for two years and have driven it daily,rain or shine,with no problems.
First I will list what the previous owner did to the car and then what I did to it.

Previous Owner Modifications and Repairs :

1) Stock 109 block rebuilt by Ruggles. JE forged pistons, Reed 210/205* 0.470/0.459 110* lobe center. NEW HV front cover and oil pump,not a booster plate.
2) Heads ported fully with Manley stainless valves, stock size.
3) Intake has been ported
4) 42.5/009 injectors.
5) Kirban adjustable F.P. regulator
6) Precision Turbo PT51 with H.D. adjustable actuator, min. psi is 17lbs.
7) Terry Houston downpipe with integral wastegate. Dynomax stainless muffler with 3 inch dump in front of the axle.
8) Repainte the car. Maaco paint job,looks good from 20ft.
9) Recovered the seats front and rear, grey cloth buckets.
10) Replaced the upper door panels. Lower plastic panels are original and in decent shape. A few nicks and scratches here and there. The plastic is not faded and chalky.

What I have done :

1) New Interstate battery.
2) Kirban seat braces
3)Turbo Tweak 93 octane chip
4) RJC Power Plate
5) Century Transmission/Mike Kurtz 200R4 street version. Extra clutches,bigger band,hardened input shaft. Restalled D5 converter,2800 rpm.
6) 4 Bilstein shocks
7) New Moog tie rods, centerlink, idler arm.
8) www.scandc.com stage 2 upper control arm and ball joint package.
9) Global West Del-A-Lum lower control arm bushings
10) 36mm front sway bar. ATR rear bar.
11) Moog 5658 front springs
12) New to the car from GBODYPARTS.COM gas tank. My old one sprung a leak.
13) New Walbro 340 pump,hot wired.
14) New belt
15) Recored 4 row radiator.RMI 25 with just a touch of antifreeze for color and cold weather protection.
16) B&M external transmission cooler. Stacked plate style 11,000GVWR run in series with the factory cooler.
17) New rear brakes,hardware,stock size Buick wheel cylinders,axle bearings and seals

I think that just about covers it. I have a lot of pictures so please feel free to ask. I do have a lot of receipts from the previous owner,he was not too terribly organized, and all receipts since I've owned it.
I would like to sell it to somebody close. I cannot deliver much farther than a 300 mile radius of Houston.
E mail me with questions or request.

$ 8,000.00

Attachments

• back seat.jpg
    back seat.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 478
  • bilstein.jpg
    bilstein.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 441
  • Buick 1.jpg
    Buick 1.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 978
  • Buick 2.jpg
    Buick 2.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 495
  • Del-A-Lum Bushing.jpg
    Del-A-Lum Bushing.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 416
More Pics....

Some things have changed since these pictures and Ad were written.

• The Kenne Bell air box has been removed.
  • Kirban front frame braces.
  • Turbo heat shield
  • New Turbo Buick underhood mat. GM part not aftermarket...

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 461
  • exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 359
  • front interior.jpg
    front interior.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 369
  • front suspension.jpg
    front suspension.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Upper Control Arm.jpg
    Upper Control Arm.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 299
I was wondering what was up with the under car pics....looks like you have some leaks. More info please. Thanks.

John C.

TX87GN said:
I was wondering what was up with the under car pics....looks like you have some leaks. More info please. Thanks.

John C.

Sorry, I've been away from my computer.

When I bought it it had some leak issues. I replaced the rear main seal, oil pan gasket with a cork gasket. the end seals on the intake were leaking so I replaced the intake gasket with a GM valley pan type gasket. I also replaced the PCV with a turbo specific AC Delco part. For insurance I added a Kirban drivers side breather vent....

Where did you find the new underhood insulator???? I am located in Houston also????

What kind of times have you got out of the car?

I live in houston and i have an 85 T-Type blue on blue. Would you be interested in the car and some money for yours?

Arturo said:
I live in houston and i have an 85 T-Type blue on blue. Would you be interested in the car and some money for yours?

I've never raced the car. Pretty much all the speed parts were added by the previous owner.

Sorry but I'm not taking any trades. Business kind of sucks and I just can't support the habit, I need the cash. Thanks for looking and forward this to someone who may be in the market.

I am interested, I love the color and the fact that it has t-tops...I have family in houston also. School ends in a week and a half (I am graduating college) so I'll be in touch friday the 12th of may if you still have it available.

Ryan

streetracer78@hotmail.com

sprayed65 said:
I am interested, I love the color and the fact that it has t-tops...I have family in houston also. School ends in a week and a half (I am graduating college) so I'll be in touch friday the 12th of may if you still have it available.

Ryan

Just give me a shout. I keep the car here at work inside so it won't get messed up. Thanks for looking

Maybe I missed it, but what is the mileage on the car and what is the mileage on the the rebuilt engine and trans?

Pokeyhawk said:
Maybe I missed it, but what is the mileage on the car and what is the mileage on the the rebuilt engine and trans?

The speedo says 65000 mi. The engine has 10,000 and the trans has 5,000.

I have a friend who may be interested?? Any qtr. mile or horsepower figures? I will pass the information on to him. :)

Kma697 said:
I have a friend who may be interested?? Any qtr. mile or horsepower figures? I will pass the information on to him. :)

Sorry, never been to the track or dyno with this one. Pass on the info and thanks for looking :biggrin: