86 T almost dies out

TheGovernment

So, in the last few days, my 86T has been giving me some grief. I was driving normally when it pretty much just completely dies out on the 100kph stretch of highway between my place and work. I feathered the gas to keep it running but every time I tried to put my foot back on the gas, it would almost stall out and popping and sputtering for about 5-10 seconds. Then it just comes back to life and runs perfect with no signs of anything being wrong. This has happened 4 times in the last 5 days.
I got to work on friday and swapped out to a new ac coil pack, wires, plugs. It was ok for the little I drove it on the weekend but today it did it again in rush hour traffic :frown:. The fuel pump has only about 2000 miles on it, i hit the maf with a screwdriver and it didn't seem to do anything but then again, I'm not sure how hard I have to hit kit. I gave it a few good shots and it didn't stumble.

My scanmaster numbers all are as normal as they have always been. there are no error codes or anything. I had a mechanic at work check it out today and it never did it for him when he took it home for lunch. In fact, he said it was one of the better running regals he had ever driven. His scan also cam up with nothing.

Any ideas? I don't have access to a good maf and I can get re-manned ones form work but theres no return as they come from the states. I have no problems buying a translator and a lt1 but don't really want to if I'm not sure that it is the maf. but like I said, I don't know enough about there cars to know what that could be.

thanks in advance.

i am having the same issue. I smacked the maf where the harness plugs in and the idle sped up and then died on my car.

ya it sucks, makes me scared to take it to work. the LAST thing I need is it to die in the middle of rush hour LOL.

Make sure the batter cables are tight on all four ends. Also check the ground wires on the back of the head to make sure they are clean, tight and not damaged.

How olds the fuel filter?

fuel filter is about 1 year old but only has about 2000 miles since install of the new pump and hotwire kit. The cables are all good to go. that was the first thing I checked lol I guess I should have said that in my 1st post :)

Any ideas? I don't have access to a good maf and I can get re-manned ones form work but theres no return as they come from the states. I have no problems buying a translator and a lt1 but don't really want to if I'm not sure that it is the maf. but like I said, I don't know enough about there cars to know what that could be.

thanks in advance.

I have a good used MAF that I have to get back from someone. I could try and get it for you.

I bet your pump is acting up when it gets hot. The same thing happened to my Syclone with a new Walbro. I pulled that junker out and put in an AC Delco....life was good after that

that would be cool nick! then I could at least rule it out if thats not the problem.

Sorry i missed your call on sunday, I was at the mcnaught golf tourney and I can't get into my voicemail. Rogers of course is no help lol

I bet your pump is acting up when it gets hot. The same thing happened to my Syclone with a new Walbro. I pulled that junker out and put in an AC Delco....life was good after that

The stuttering has happened even when only being driven for a under a minute and stone cold. I'm not ruling out the pump as I'm not sure if I have one from the bad batch or not.