86 regal with 400 SBC gas coming out of passenger side exhaust pipe

uniquesnd

Hello forum i currently have a 400 SBC in an 86 buick regal the problem is I have gas coming out of the passenger exhaust in a considerable amount? the motor is a solid roller motor dart heads Holley 750 DP and a radical cam and its dual exhaust with an x pipe. Everything is basically brand new car has barely been driven since motor was built, why would it be doing this?:mad:

Actually I did just change the plugs the old ones where fuel fouled pretty bad.Do you think it has already fouled these plugs also? Car gets ran about 2-3 minutes every couple of days. Oh yeah when I changed plugs I went from autolite 135s to the AR135s

Actually I did just change the plugs the old ones where fuel fouled pretty bad.Do you think it has already fouled these plugs also? Car gets ran about 2-3 minutes every couple of days. Oh yeah when I changed plugs I went from autolite 135s to the AR135s

A flooding issue will not just go away...........................

Well the plugs were fouled because when I first got it back from my mechanic from. Getting my rearend put in they had unplugged my msd from my distributor for security reasons . I didn't find this out untill I had tried to start it for ten minutes. When I plugged it back into the distributor and attempted to start it again it backfired thru the carburator. But now it runs fine other than the extra gas

I don't think so from my understanding if the powervalve was blown in my holley then it would not idle correctly ?? Would gaping my plugs wrong do it bcuz when I put the AR135s in it was real hard to gap them because the ground electrode was real short. The regular 135 was a conventional electrode?

Well the plugs were fouled because when I first got it back from my mechanic from. Getting my rearend put in they had unplugged my msd from my distributor for security reasons . I didn't find this out untill I had tried to start it for ten minutes. When I plugged it back into the distributor and attempted to start it again it backfired thru the carburator. But now it runs fine other than the extra gas

You need to check the temperature of each of the header pipes while it is running,I use a digital thermometer,but years ago I would fill a windex bottle with water and spray each pipe with water and you can tell which one is cold,then go from there.

And if your mechanic flooded it that bad fuel could have puddled up in the intake and flooded it again with new plugs.

Didn't think about the fuel puddling in the intake thanks hot air ! I do change the oil after that it smelt like fuel bad. So are u telling me if I have a dead cylinder then the temperature on that exhaust runner will be colder?

Correct power valves??
Check vac with the engine warmed up, idle and timing set. [A rad cam spec will raise havoc w/ vac]
Once you know the idle vac, and the power valve values, you can determine if they are a problem. PV should be set at 1" vac LESS than idle vac. Otherwise they are open all the time...Assuming you haven't blown them. [As Rink mentioned.]

Didn't think about the fuel puddling in the intake thanks hot air ! I do change the oil after that it smelt like fuel bad. So are u telling me if I have a dead cylinder then the temperature on that exhaust runner will be colder?

Yes,you can also look down the carb. with the engine running to see if the fuel is dumping,I usually use a timing light for this as it has a bright flash,and like these guys stated you could have blown the powervalve when it backfired on you,but it was flooded before that,I would pull the plugs on any dead cylinders and spin it over with the plugs out to clear it out,and disconnect your ignition again to do this.install new plugs in those that you just cleared out and see where you are at.