86 Grand National in San Francisco

motroman

Our 86 GN is for sale.

THE GOOD:

It has 79k original mileage and I'm the third owner. It has a Cotton CPTE 44 Turbo, installed about a year ago. The Powermaster brake system was replaced about the same time with a MasterPower vacuum system with backup vacuum pump. It has a cold air intake system with 4" K&N filter, Poston breathers, new front brakes with vented rotors. I have 3 wheel caps in the trunk. Four years ago I replaced the rear main seal, installed KYB shocks, and replaced the tires. It's never been raced,.except for an rare and occasional street burst at the stop light. It runs strong and burns a quart of 15-50 Mobil 1, which it has been living on for the 4 years I've owned it, every 800-1000 miles. The oil and filter have been changed every 3-thousand miles, the tranmission oil was recently changed and I installed a new rear main tranny seal.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

The paint is faded in spots and there is a touch of rust, which I treated with POR 15, at the trunk seal.

OTHER STUFF:

The car has, to the best of my knowledge, never been wrecked and it easily passed it's California smog test in 2005. It has current California registration that expires in February 2006 but, because we don't drive it, I've pulled it off my insurance policy. So, it's not legal for street use now.

I'm not advertising it locally because of the "theft" factor but I have mentioned it's for sale to a wide group of car buddies.

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 114
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 96
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 100
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 93
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 94
There was a minor mistake in my thread. My California registration expires, February 2007, not 2006.