86 GN Turbo Movie Car Very Fast and Furious Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the question. For all of you who have never owned a movie car, let me help you understand a couple things. When you go to a car show, Grand Nationals aren't the most popular car. Even a super low mileage one might draw some interest for its originality, but typically the cars aren't appreciated for what they are and the history they represent. Muscle was dead in the eightees and at least the GNs had some punch and kept things alive. There is no denying that cars on the big screen sometimes can be the stars themselves. People can identify with their love of automobiles with their favorite car on screen. When the 68 Mustang driven by Steve McQueen catches the Charger in Bullit, Ford fans around the world grin and wish they were in the car speed shifting themselves. Mercedes fans imagine themselves cruising to Vegas in a 69 280 SE convertible after seeing "The Hangover", and wouldn't it be cool to have your own 89 Batmobile cruising the annual 4th of July Parade downtown in your city? Therefore, when you have a chance at owning a piece of Hollywood like this GN, it takes on a lot more than just a cut up POS as some of you refer to the car. At the car show, with a simple sign out and some history drawn up on it, this car transforms itself into a show stopper. People love to look at the engineering of the stunt brake. They check out the design of the cage, ask what a fuel cell is, marvel at all the guages and imagine themselves in the car as the star does a 180 spin driving backwards and bangs against a fuel tanker to save his girlfriend. Suddenly you are surrounded by fans asking questions and wondering just how you got this cool piece of history. Most don't even care its a GN as they are more interested in the stardom of the car. The real GN enthusiast looks at the car and appreciates the notariety the car brings to his own love for the body style. This is the first GN that has been so featured in a huge franchise and that is what makes the car valuable. 32k is rather cheap for such a prominent piece. An Eleanor Mustang from the movie Gone in 60 Seconds recently sold for close to $450,000. The Hero 70 Charger from Fast Furious 1 sold for $225,000. The nice thing about this GN is that it won't drop in value as there are plenty of GNs around to buy. None will have the notariety and history that this car has. You can snub the car all you want but it is not trying to be a beautifully restored, numbers matching bla bla bla... you can get those all day long on ebay, this site, craigslist or whatever. This car is the star of the GNs and stands out in History verified on screen for everyone to see. Thanks for your interest and yes this was a hero car.

Nice pitch, but against this crowd........ it's a walk. Everyone who knows these cars, also knows that the GN was the most significant turbo car of that decade. Drive one to any show and the majority of the crowd instantly recognizes the performance level and the sinister look of the modern muscle car from the 80s. Ball one.....

Comparing this chopped up tub to another car like Eleanor is not a proper comparison for the purpose of esablishing value. Ball two......

Stating that this GN will not drop in value is again, a poor referance to pricing as the value of this car hasn't really been established. Ball three.......

Without any documentation, this could be one of many cobbled together replicas. I saw an exact clone of the movie car sitting in a museum. How many of these things are languishing away in a museum and have no documentation? It's impossible to go by visual referances. Hell, the chinese can copy almost anything with simply a picture as the start. So that's ball four.......

Documentation, documentation, documentation. If this car is documented as the real deal, then it has a value to some collectors. Without it, the car is a pieced together POS with a value only to the person who tries to sell it and hopes to find a sucker that doesn't understand the word documentation.

Dont try to pull one of those well let me find the title provide a vin so a car fax can be done and a title record search (to see who owned this car)

Might be worth more if it appeared in more than just the first 3-4 minutes of the movie! I can't believe I sat thru the rest of that drivel just hoping for another glimpse of this "GN/GNX". And seems to me that Turbo Regals pull a lot more interest at car shows these days.

I dont have anything bad to say and good luck . I agree with Joe 1320 this is the wrong crowd to pitch to . Secondly Van Diesel , even though I like him, is no Steve Mcqueen
AgainGood Luck

Documentation

Thanks for the replies. For those interested in purchasing, full documentation will be provided including title which is in the studio name.

Well I can tell you this after the movie the first GN movie car to sell had Vin diesel drove this car painted on the side. 2nd if you look in the move the car VD drove and did his stunts out of was smashed up good on one side. You can see that car here Fast & Furious 1987 Buick Grand National GNX on Inside Line Also If I remember correctly that car sold for less than 15k it was around 14500 I think on eBay this was the car that would be worth the money since it will be the easiest to compare to movie stills and be able to positively match to VD in the movie.

I have no comment about this particular car.
But i cringed when i saw they were going to be using one in this movie,because i could not see any good coming of it for the turbo regals ,only bad.
I also think this might have something to do with more turbo regals starting to show up with gnx scoops cut into their fenders,that just grinds on me when i see that,+ we will prob see more lowered + funkified ones in the future, because of that movie.+ if the fast + furious crowd Really latches onto these cars,then there will be a problem,luckily the movie didn't go too far with crazy mods like on the ricer burners in the those movies or we would see the ricers start getting them + adding retarded spoilers + paint jobs, wheels etc.to imitate the cool regals they saw on F+F,hopefully the makers of those movies will now go away + leave the turbo regals alone,before they do irreperable damage to the ones that are left.
I also wonder how many of the 8 used were orig turbo cars,+ how many were badly damaged.
I know the dukes of hazard killed a butt load of chargers.

I'll take it:wink:who do I make the cheque out to:p.Will you deliver it in a snow storm because the weather is bad here.

Kevin

That other dumbass movie Vin was in XXX had a fake GTO with a sbc in it that was also a POS. Suppose that's worth $32K too?

I think it's a Regal made to look like a GN made to look like a GNX made to look like a early eighties NASCAR made to look like a petroleum tanker battering ram.

that's just me.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

There is one of these sitting in the "Stars Cars" museum right here in Gatlinburg, TN.... Wonder just how many were made for the movie?

The one here in the museum has a nice pretty sconce saying it's the F&F car Vin drove... :rolleyes:

SW.

There is one of these sitting in the "Stars Cars" museum right here in Gatlinburg, TN.... Wonder just how many were made for the movie?

The one here in the museum has a nice pretty sconce saying it's the F&F car Vin drove... :rolleyes:

SW.

:smile:

This is a dangerous forum to the uninformed.

TB.com 1

Uninformed 0

All my Trubo Buick hero cars and drivers are here.

Somebody should buy it and put a 350 chevy in it....to make it fast. Then you could tell everybody at a car show that Vin Diesel rolls with the '350 option'.

If he would post the documentation I might go buy the damn car, but if he cant provide the simple request I dont want nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.