86 GN popping breaking up problem

Good point. I did check this . Thanks.

I plan on following these other guys ideas about running another ground wire as well. I may hit the junk yard and see if I can find a nice type II pack and module, ones around me are pull your own part and sells relatively cheap. Thanks all. Last resort may be sending injectors to get checked and balanced.
Just got an unexpected pink slip from the 'ol employer today due to to ecomonic reasons, so spending any bucks now for play toys/hobbies is on the back burner. I'll let you know how things go.

Sorry about the pink slip, hope something works out for you.

As far as the module tester goes you don't need to own one.

Just take the module off the car remove the coil pack and have the local parts store test it for you,most of them have the tester and will do it for free. :smile:

I did find one out of 3 parts stores that said they can test it so off I go tomorrow. If bad, Crazy Rays junk yard my next stop:)
Pink slips sux. Company owner was a jerk as was the VP so good riddance (then schmucks..). Better days ahead.

I did find one out of 3 parts stores that said they can test it so off I go tomorrow. If bad, Crazy Rays junk yard my next stop:)
Pink slips sux. Company owner was a jerk as was the VP so good riddance (then schmucks..). Better days ahead.

How did the part store test go?

I bet they either couldn't test it, or if they could, it tested fine. (by the auto part store).

Inquiring minds want to know. :redface:

ElectraJim

You are correct...module tested fine so I am back to square one.
New Coil pack, tried old coil pack, tested module, new plugs, new wires, new pcv grommet (since we heard some vacuum leakage which ended up being a broken injector rubber ring) replaced injector gasketsl, has the reman injector wire harness, replaced MAF, all hose connections seem to be good, sprayed out the throttle body so I guess it is time to take it to a professional. Since I am out of work right now, I have to put things on hold for now. I think I will be taking it to Bill Anderson who is about 20 minutes away. Running worse than before so I will probably have spring for a lift truck. Oh, I swapped out computers, chip and disconnected the connector I use for direct scan since the plug position can sometimes short things out per John at Caspers, still breaking up. My nephew and I are stumped, he owned a GN not to long ago.
Bill, if you are reading this, cut me a deal on a tow truck to your shop man:cool:

With the car running, unplug the cam sensor and try it. Make sure you plug it back in after you shut the car off or it will not restart. If the problem goes away the cam sensor is bad.

I had a popping/hesitation problem once. My scan tool showed my TPS volts dropping when they should have been increasing. A new TPS sensor cured the problem. Later on, I had similar problems, and a new set of plug wires fixed it. Do you have a scan tool? The scan tool showed my TPS sensor was fine without the car running (key on) and at WOT with key on, but it was messing up under load.