'86 GN hardtop -- Philly. Stock. Nice driver. $8500 obo

My 2 cent. I bought an 87 GNGN from NJ then register the car in NY. Got my olate and registration and all and happy. A month later got a letter from DMV saying that the car was a salvage tittle car. They want to inspect the car again . I wasnt sure if there is any stolen part on the car so i decide to pull the motor and tranny out and drop another drivetrain in there and sell the car as part car. Cuz i didnt want them to take ny car if they find out the motor and tranny was stolen. I bought the car cuz the engine and tranny has lots of eork done. Just my 2car cent.

If you register the car in the same state then it ok. Only when the car go out if state

I've never had a problem. The title says 'R' on it. A salvage title would say 'S'. some states don't even have titles for cars this old. To be sure, any potential buyers could just check with their DMV.

I've never had a problem. The title says 'R' on it. A salvage title would say 'S'. some states don't even have titles for cars this old. To be sure, any potential buyers could just check with their DMV.

cool car.

more 2 cents: per PA DMV "R" means the car's already been deemed salvaged by an insurance co. (cost of repairs exceeds the value), but the car has been repaired and through the state inspection process, enabling it to have the R title. cars with "S" titles are salvaged and per the DMV not insurable/registerable.

it's best to know the history of a reconstructed car, such as through knowing the previous owner. the "best" way for a car to get salvaged is the quick theft recovery scenario, since some insurance companies will deem cars like this a total loss, even though there's no visible damage. they do this b/c there's no way to know the car wasn't otherwise abused (spun to 10k rpm, etc.) worse scenario is the car was heavily damaged in a wreck, frame bent, etc.,

glwts. if i didn't just buy the BMW, i'd be in the market

wait, I could sell the bimmer oh, damn, damn, damn...