86/87 swap

junction34

I have been reading up on the swap on many forums I am getting a lot of mixed opinions and ideas on what to do. I want to but the engine in pieces and assemble it myself while i drive the t with its current engine till I am done with. I want to buy mostly buy stock parts the 109, self port the intake and heads, i think i have heard something about exhaust mamifold work also, I was looking to go for a ta-49 turbo something small because it will be a daily driver engine, I would like to install a small roller cam but i heard too exspensice and might stick with flat-tappet. I have a couple questions though I want to hear from some people that have done this and what probally they face and they conguered. I am not rich but I am not in a hurry to do this conversion I want to do it over time and learn being only nineteen i am still learning about these cars and cars period. One more question I read about a guy who was running propane Nick B. who gave me some good advice on these cars. He ran real high boost on levels on 93 octane. What if you ran a car with a high compression ratio and not as much boost with propane. Would that thing be a tourqe monster and I bet it would help spool very much. Is that feesable or wishful thinking? Thanks for the help. Shoot me an e-mail or if you live in houston you just became my best friend.

look at my car in my signature i built it from scratch with most of the parts from ebay and machining from ANS performance in melrose park il.