86/87 ignition

pisano

i bought a new borg warner ignition module, and caspers harness but it wont start? what could be the problem? i didnt try putting the old one back on to see if it would start again but im sure it would. only thing i can kinda think of is, on the plate i drilled three holes and only one was in a spot to put a nut on it so i just put one. dont think that should have made it not work.

pisano said:
i bought a new borg warner ignition module, and caspers harness but it wont start? what could be the problem? i didnt try putting the old one back on to see if it would start again but im sure it would. only thing i can kinda think of is, on the plate i drilled three holes and only one was in a spot to put a nut on it so i just put one. dont think that should have made it not work.

Double check the wiring to the connector. One of the pins may be swapped. Do not ask me how I know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Turbo Buick

Double check the wiring to the connector. One of the pins may be swapped. Do not ask me how I know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Turbo Buick

Bryan- Welcome back. Piano-Smells like a mashed connector to the coil module or a bad Caspers conversion adaptor. Seen both. Post a PIC of the Caspers coil module adaptor after verfying the connection. Brad

it looks like J goes straight to the other J??? its kinda dark so il make sure tomorrow

yes i am sure its wrong, and E is going to H, E should be going to J and J should be going to H

wow for what i paid id expect them to take there time on the product, at least i know the car doesnt completely hate me lol, not its fault

will they give me a good working one? am i gonna have to pay for shipping it back
The answer to your question is yes. Give Caspers a call. Ask for John Spina. This company is all about turbo buick support. I have been there personally and met the owner-John Spina Brad

=D , i talked to john and he says its never happend before but hes sending me a new one. hes good people and judging by this video been in the game a long time lol

hes holding the camera

ok i got the scanmaster and its installed, i got the tps to .42 and 4.4 volts at wot, the iac is showing 140 but i think i have to start the car, should i use my old ignition module and do it or should i wait for my caspers harness

ok i got the scanmaster and its installed, i got the tps to .42 and 4.4 volts at wot, the iac is showing 140 but i think i have to start the car, should i use my old ignition module and do it or should i wait for my caspers harness
Wait. Make sure it starts with the new Caspers conversion adapter and the 86/87 coil module. The car has to be running in order to adjust the IAC. Brad

ok i got it running with old module, and this is what i got

02 390
AF 08
L8 42-48
BAT 13.5
INT 128
BL 128
MPH 0
CLT 175
ats 71
r 975
tps .44
iac 10-20

i noticed when i spray starter fluid around the EGR it increases its rpm, so its leaking air around it,,, i took it off cleaned it and put it back on really tight, tightend what intake bolts i could, one tightend up a little bit but it was on the other side and i sprayed all spots, only around egr does it increase rpm, it doesnt have a gasket on it but it never has
iac was at 50-55 at first too, when it was cold the rpm was more like 1100 by the time i stoped playing with it, was more like 800

after i lowered the iac, the tps went up to like .50 at idle, i re-adjusted after but still shakes a bit, i didnt use a fel pro intake gasket but i installed correctly and the intake bolts nice and tight, do you think it could be the egr gasket? i tighted the egr really tight and still shakes and will increase rpm by spraying fluid around egr

after i lowered the iac, the tps went up to like .50 at idle, i re-adjusted after but still shakes a bit, i didnt use a fel pro intake gasket but i installed correctly and the intake bolts nice and tight, do you think it could be the egr gasket? i tighted the egr really tight and still shakes and will increase rpm by spraying fluid around egr

These cars will never run with any vacuum/exhaust leak prior to the 02 sensor. Fix all leaks. Brad

so since im getting no codes, and i have a scanmaster to set iac and tps, in theory if i fix this leak my car should run good right?

is there a block off plate i can get to eliminate the egr