85 TType coming my way... what to expect?

il_sefus_li

So for basically the cost of going to pick it up (7 hr drive), I can have a running T Type if I want it. Ive been rebuilding my old high school Mopar for the last ten years or so and have not been into the car scene or had a fun car to drive for way too long so I'm probably going to jump on it and have a fun car to dink around with this summer. Im not new to GNs or turbos (blow thru carbs and EFI mustangs) but a hot air 3.8 will be new to me.

That all having been said, and baring that it is mechanically sound and running well, my plan is to do the basic fluid flushes, plugs, wires, cap... just freshen it up and at the same time or soon there after make the easy changes that are laid out in the stickies on this board.

I can kind of do whatever I want as far as the car goes, but dont want to do a whole lot. I have access to a good hot rod mechanic that road coursed a hot air car for a few years who has his own dyno, im not afraid to go to the exhaust shop, I have a body and paint guy... but I really dont know what to expect from this thing.

As far as power levels go, the way i figure it and coming from my background, I'd be happy with a car that can 0-60 in 5 seconds and 1/4 in the low 14's or high 13's. Not insane or out of line for these cars from what I gather with the right tuning. I'll also do the simple suspension stuff to make it drive/handle nicely, but again, nothing insane.

So here's the question, just how little or how much do i need to do to get this car into these 'requirements"? Does this sound do-able for a low buck summer daily driver that I'm not going to sink a bunch of cash into? Any insight or recipes would be appreciated. Thanks!

In this section there's 2 stickys on HA cars. One is the top 3 mods and the other gives you the basic info you need to know to keep them alive. Read and memorize them and you should be ok.;)