85 to 86-87 ecm swap

Jawbone

Confused
Can someone help me i did the ecm coil module lt1 maf and translator i also had to replace crank position sensor because of a hook up mistake but now car runs and when you step on gas it pings really bad . Is there anyway to knock the timing out replacing that stuff.:confused:

The crank shaft position sensor could have to be set at a certain degrees? I'm not sure but that might be your most likely bet

Any clue how to set it .Also when i hooked the 87 module up i didnt use the adapter plug and it killed crank sensor do you think it could have knocked cam sensor out of adjustment

Did you disconnect the battery when you put the 87 ecm in it ? Also did you Use your calpak(smaller chip from your HA ecm) to go into the Newer ECM, and i think you need a TT chip with that newer ecm in the HA car.

Yes, I did disconnect battery i used the calpak chip and i have a tt chip with i think egr deleted . Car Runs pretty good till i step on it hard then it pings like i got bad gas and i put 93 in it then i even tried octane booster .

I dont know if im 100% correct, but isnt there a little box that is used to calibrate something in the cams or crank?? im a bit sleepy, just trying to help :)

Do you know what the timing is supposed to be . Also doesnt want to start and stay running in the morning weird i guesss that has to do with cold start . Any other ideas or does that have to do with timing also

Ok you people are gonna think im nuts but my car wont start until about 11:00 am then it fires right up then after like 500 pm it wont start . IT HATES ME . Any mechanics near lancaster pennsylvania that can help me before i take it out in the pasture and shoot it .

Read the sticky at the top of the HA forum. It will tell you all you need to know and then some. Yes it will work but there's some mods needed. Please read the sticky.