85 to 86-87 ecm swap

Jawbone

Confused
Can Anybody help me out im currently trying to do this ecm swap and i got the ignition coil and module in with the adapter plate .Now i went to put in the translator and lt1 maf and the plug to the maf is different can i cut and splice or do i have to get an adapter for that 222222222222. Need help asap as im actually in the middle of doing it ....

You just need adpator as posted above from full throttle, or you could go make your own with connetion from junkyard harness.

Ok went to full throttle and found 1. Thanks ! But i have a new problem car wont start and i put everything back and still wont start . I was told this was all plug n play i have no harnessesssss do i need harness for ignition module or anything else to complete this. Also i bought ecu and tt chip but there is another chip next to it think its called the cal pak chip are they interchangable or do i need 86-87 as well

Ok went to full throttle and found 1. Thanks ! But i have a new problem car wont start and i put everything back and still wont start . I was told this was all plug n play i have no harnessesssss do i need harness for ignition module or anything else to complete this. Also i bought ecu and tt chip but there is another chip next to it think its called the cal pak chip are they interchangable or do i need 86-87 as well

The calpak will swap over, so yes use your HA calpak and put that into your 86 ECM. If your using the donor ECM calpak this might be the starting problem but I'm not sure. Does your engine light come on? Did you double check your wiring on the module ?

ok, first things first... looks like you're swapping several things at one time- I see the ECM swap, coil/ign module swap, and MAF/Translator swap- the 87 ECM swap is plug and play-, the 87 coil/ign module swap requires an adapter as there are only 3 wires that are the same from 84 to 87 the rest are all different!! you may have blown a fuse if you tried starting it without an adapter... just a thought
You can use the calpak chip (small one) from the 84 ECM, and you will need to run 86-87 PROM chip (big one) in the 87 ECM swap

Ok i checked fuses there all good i put everything back in the 85 stuff that is now im getting no spark at all . Does full throttle have the adapter or caspers . what would cause me to get no spark now even though evrything is back in

Is your check engine light turn on when you turn the key? Casper's has the harness you need to upgrade to 86/87 style.