'85 LM9 crate engine, in crate, any takers?

Anthony P

sharing knowledge with those who care to listen
A friend of mine is selling a LM9 crate engine. It has never been installed in a car. It is still in the full crate. I can e-mail pics to any interested party. The individual photo file size is too large to be posted here.

Quantity of one – 3.8L LM9 crate engine, Engine Assembly Code NDA dated 15 Mar 1985, Block 25524140, water pump tag 5NDA-009. Has 20 bolt pan, reinforcing “ribs” cast into upper valley of block, starter, flywheel, headers, crossover, coilpack/module/plug wires, turbo, stainless braided up-pipe, steel coolant lines, throttle body, intake manifold, fuel injection rail, regulator, injectors, harness, etc. No engine accessories or brackets for alternator, PS pump, etc.

There may also be a second LM9 crate engine for sale. It is out of the crate. It is missing intake manifold assembly (as in manifold unbolted and removed) and right side exhaust manifold. The owner has other correct complete unused intake manifold assemblies that can be substituted.

If interested, just make a fair offer. The owner wants to sell it, not give it away for its weight in scrap. It is located in northern New Jersey.

This is some crazy stuff, guys...Anthony sent me some pictures and it's just like he described...an absolute time capsule! Get the pics if only for the oogle factor. Asking $3K, but it's all there.

the motor is in Madison, I live next to you in Landing. I'll sent the pics and # tomorrow.

LM9 crate engine pics

Here are some pics for all to see...Feel free to contact me 973.770.5546

-Anthony

Attachments

• LM9pic1.jpg
    LM9pic1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 375
  • LM9pic2.jpg
    LM9pic2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 382
  • LM9pic3.jpg
    LM9pic3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 396
  • LM9pic4.jpg
    LM9pic4.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 365
I think its a steal for what it is. I wish I had the money right now cause Id buy it. It is a brand new not rebuilt complete engine never been in a car.

A friend of mine is selling a LM9 crate engine. It has never been installed in a car.
If interested, just make a fair offer. The owner wants to sell it, not give it away for its weight in scrap. It is located in northern New Jersey.

A good deal aint always a good deal when you find the real cost with out the finders fee. If a problem arises you always have to deal with the middle man first and maybe or maybe not your issues will be resolved. We live with free trade and I refuse to pay this tax. No flame throwing just my 2 cents.

Just a little food for thought...We sent three engines last week to a respected member of the turbo buick community. After removing the oil pan to inspect the money end, he had the engines on the dyno, at peak power, for over an hour. Not a single problem. Ramp it up, down...no problems at all throughout the power curve.

boostmaster - I can appreciate your concern. We know the whores that are out there...

i would buy it but i live in tucson and he lives on the other side of the us

Bump for anthony and being a honest guy. Just trying to sell some engines to the right person.

Yep, in my book Tony is an A+ guy. I was happy with the deal I struck on the parts I bought...Not cheap, but no BS and a super guy to deal with. Hopefully, everyone walked away from the table happy. I know I did.