85 Grand National Breather Bypass hose

my85grandnation

85 Triple Threat
I was just wanting to see if anyone could tell me where I can find a hose for my 85 GN. On the oil fill necks on the 84-85 GN's there is a little rubber "S" hose that runs off the oil fill neck and then goes to the air intake tube that connects to the throttle body. I need three new ones because they are all torn up on my three 85 turbo buicks but I cant find one anywhere. GM doesnt have it anymore and niether do any of the aftermarket places. If someone knows where I can find one please email me. dthom8787@yahoo.com Thanks guys.

Put a post in the Parts Wanted section. You may also want to put a feeler out in the Hot-Air section. I know which hose you are referring to. It looks alot like the "s" hose on the 86-87 cars. I'm wondering if this is the same size hose or not. You may also want to contact one of the people up here that specialize in parts for our cars like Mike McCoy or Brian (Bweavy). Hope this helps. By the way, I had an 85 once and I took my hose off, ran the breather and put a rubber plug in the hole in the inlet pipe. This kept a bit of the heat from going into the throttle body from the valve cover.

the best thing to do is to take the hose off...bring it with you to a parts store (autozone, advanced auto...like that), and ask them if you can match your hose to their stock. In other words, just "find that same bend" in any hose in their stock...

HTH

Hey thanks for your help guys. I already thought the same about it being the same as the one on the 86-87 but the guys at kirban said that it is a different piece. Also I did take it off and took it with me to Napa and went into the back myself and tried matching it up with all of there hoses but nothing even came close to being as tight of a bend as those little "S" hoses have in them. I guess I can go try the other parts stores in my area. I did buy for one of my cars today a drivers side breater/oil fill neck then all I have to do is cap off the hole on the air tube so my problem will be fixed on one of my cars but I want to find an "S" tube for my 46000 mile all original show GN. Ill keep looking but if anyone else finds something out let me know.

Hey guys I know have one of the hoses I need but I still need 2 more and havent had any luck by going to auto stores no hose that they have bends as sharply as this one does. If anyone else knows where I can find one please let me know.