85 GN in Puyallup WA, $2k

cjp69

Saw this in the local newspaper:

1985 Grand National - V6 Turbo, new tires, $2,000 or best offer. 253-222-3454 or 253-838-4962

1 owner, high miles, been parked for a few months, running a little rough, but overall the owner said it was in good condition.

That's all I know.

Let me know if anyone buys or looks at it!

Chris

Looked at it today and it has a rod knoking. I kept saying "who's there"....

The body is ok. Alum. bumper supports and G80 rear. Interior is fair with no real issues.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this for the rest of us:D

After you said "who's there" did it answer "offer the lady $900 and save me"?:eek:

Chris

Hmmmm

I cold forget the Volvo and slap my 87 motor in this one.. bit heavy though.

Chris

I'm going to call on it today. If this person is open to negotiation a little bit, I could definitely handle it. My mom is buying my car from me, but I get to drive it until I have my next car on the road...

I just need to get my '77 Civic out of the garage. I was going to rebuild that, but the GN would take priority. Anyone have a motor/wiring harness/power steering resevoir they want to sell me? :)

I'm seriously jumping on this right away!

Had a look at this 'car' today. All the good things: Left Rear Quarter panel; The hood [not including the 'several times on fire' insulator], yup...that's it for the good. Some low-lights of the rest of it; all panels, trim pieces, lenses, mouldings chipped, cracked, broken with 600+ 'outie' blings and 64,000 'innie' dings, blings, marks, scrapes, bangs and every other type of abrasive mark possible, including a bling in the friggen p/s mirror. Both bumpers bent, both rear fillers screwed. The interior; both seats split, ripped and frayed. carpets screwed, back seat bent up on both ends, radio on pass seat, headliner currently holding at least 3 us gallons of water...absolutely wreaked of wet dog. Engine; spun bearing for certain and this is the high point of the scene under the hood. This car is not worth 200 dollars, Canadian
Jim

Does not sound like its worth The 200

Sounds like a good thrasher to beat untill it blows up . LOL I got a friend in PA running one of those motors in a 240 volvo wagon. He beats the crap out of it. He is also running a 150 shot of NOZ too. I talk to him the other day and he just broke a 12.93 I think. The next run hit hit the button too soon and blew his MAF into a jigsaw puzzel with all the hose connectors. The funny thing is he drove it home from the drags.
Some things are just ment to be thrashed if they are too far gone.

:D
Chris

It's too far gone IMO. You would need to be a master bodyman and a glutten for punishment to want to take on a project like that one.

you could get it and drag it.

Take it to the track and blow the motor up I don't think that would be to hard.. I supose you could part it out. But the drags that would be great. Knock knock
KablamO hhehheh.. ;)

Chris