85 GN help needed

Lvnspeeed

Problem/question #1
I have a 85 Hot Air. I bought the car not running. The car was sitting for years before I started messing with it. So I removed the fuel tank drained out all the old gas, replaced the fuel pump(walboro),sock, and filter. I also did a hot wire kit. Put a new battery in the battery in the car but when I hook up the battery the fuel pump is ALWAYS RUNNING. I got the car to kinda run but the pump never shuts off.

Problem/question #2
I have 3 wires bonded together Black Blue Tan (all in one small connector)comming out of my steering colom where do these go? I have a wiring diagram but its hard to read.

Thanks in advance I will have more questions as this car gets farther along

problem 1 sounds like you wired the hot wire kit wrong problem 2 if they are really tinny wires stuck together that is for youre cruse control, they go to a fat black conector under the dash, it dosent look like the two go together but they do

I am going to bypass the hot wire kit. Is there a Fuel PSI shut off switch for the fuel pump?

I wonder if the Injectors are gooped up or full of old fuel?

I am going to bypass the hot wire kit. Is there a Fuel PSI shut off switch for the fuel pump?

I wonder if the Injectors are gooped up or full of old fuel?

As 386kustoms stated, somethings fishy about the hotwire job you did. The only time the fuel pump should run is when the key is On. The fuel pumps do not stop running, there's no PSI switch to stop it (Thank goodness, it'd be another thing that could fail and mess up an engine). Re-check your wiring and if it's a brandname hotair kit, contact the vendor. Somethings like this are not hotair specific, so you can also get a lot of help in the General Tech Forum. Not all members travel the Hotair Forum.

You may have the incorrect HW kit.
Look at the info/pics about 1/2 way down.
Not sure if thet makes a difference, but, if is was working fine before the HW kit, I would look into this.
RXG7-FPKG

Ok its not the hot wire kit I removed it. The fuel pump still stays running. What is the trigger(key hot wire) wire for the fuel pump relay and where is the relay??

Ok its not the hot wire kit I removed it. The fuel pump still stays running. What is the trigger(key hot wire) wire for the fuel pump relay and where is the relay??

Look at:
1 - Fuel pump relay - Passenger side fender
2 - Oil pressure connector and switch - Not shorted (Unsure about this one)
3 - Fuel pump prime connector - In wiring harness behind coilpack. There are two connectors; RPM and Fuel pump prime which should be unplugged!

Fuel pump relay - Passenger side fender I unplugged all 3 still running
Fuel pump prime connector - In wiring harness behind coilpack. There are two connectors; RPM and Fuel pump prime which should be unplugged! only connector I see un plugged near the coil apck it a green connector What does the other one look like?

Thanks for the help.

Fuel pump relay - Passenger side fender I unplugged all 3 still running
Fuel pump prime connector - In wiring harness behind coilpack. There are two connectors; RPM and Fuel pump prime which should be unplugged! only connector I see un plugged near the coil apck it a green connector What does the other one look like?

Thanks for the help.

Black connector, grey wire.
If this has power to it, the pump will keep running.
Look through the diagrams in the sticky posted by John Spina. :cool:

BTW lvn anytime ya need some hlp give me a call.... Im very mechanically inclined but you seem to have a better grasp on the TR's than me... Im foreign to a turbo buick