85 gn harness help??????

1985_ttype

hey,everyone.i need to know if any one know's how to take off an engine harness from an 85 gn?if you guys' could tell me or give me information on this job.even how to make this job a bit easier i would be very grateful.also would love to know how long this adventure would take?write back asap....thank you........i am removing the engine harness do to some f%#ken ass holes cut of the connection that connects to the coil and did a quik fix's for they could could turn the car on,and i found this out months later so i am wondering what else did they not f%#k up,i also see alot of connections that are just lose with no where to go,and alot of the wires just cut and left with tape around them.this is why.write back asap....thank you...

I have never been in your situation but I would suggest you post your issue at GNTTYPE.ORG. You may get a better answer. I always have been pleased with the help. Good luck- Brad

1985_ttype said:
hey,everyone.i need to know if any one know's how to take off an engine harness from an 85 gn?if you guys' could tell me or give me information on this job.even how to make this job a bit easier i would be very grateful.also would love to know how long this adventure would take?write back asap....thank you........i am removing the engine harness do to some f%#ken ass holes cut of the connection that connects to the coil and did a quik fix's for they could could turn the car on,and i found this out months later so i am wondering what else did they not f%#k up,i also see alot of connections that are just lose with no where to go,and alot of the wires just cut and left with tape around them.this is why.write back asap....thank you...

I've got the harness out of my 84. It was good when I removed it. I only removed it because I had the engine and tranny out for overhaul and the harness is 22 years old so I replaced it with a new one. Anyhow, you can have it for shipping cost probably $10-15.

Frank

85 gn

yes,i would take the engine harness if you would let me.i live in huntington park the zip code is 90255.thank you for helping me out.let me know how could we do this?write back asap.....thank you once agian by helping an 85 gn keep going.

1985_ttype said:
yes,i would take the engine harness if you would let me.i live in huntington park the zip code is 90255.thank you for helping me out.let me know how could we do this?write back asap.....thank you once agian by helping an 85 gn keep going.

I shipped the harness on 30 August, please confirm receipt....Frank

84s have hydroboost brakes which will be different so be prepared to wire in your brake booster
andy

Hydroboost brakes

My 85GN had hydroboost brakes which I converted to vacuum. There were no wiring issues. Matter of fact no wiring at all.
Peter

fgordon said:
I shipped the harness on 30 August, please confirm receipt....Frank

I'd hate to think that a forum member would get a free harness and then stiff me for the $14.55 shipping.

The next time 85 ttype asks for help make him pay up front. He got a free wiring harnes from me and didn't pay the shipping. Not even a thank you. I trusted him but I know better now. It takes a real dirt bag to do something like this.

fgordon said:
I'd hate to think that a forum member would get a free harness and then stiff me for the $14.55 shipping.

How rude and childish. At the very least a thank you could have been sent. kids!

that sucks.I had a member here buy some parts and i threw in extra emblems,windows,trim,and not even a thanks..... :confused: