84K Mile Motor Trans and Coverter for Sale

short_dustin

I pulled the motor and trans out of my 84K Mile '87 GN this weekend. Drove the car into the shop to pull them. I just bought a girdled 3.8 with forged pistons, built trans, and a 3,500 converter so I don't need this anymore. The motor ran good when I pulled it. To the best of my knowledge this is an unopened motor and transmission, I only recently bought it though. The transmission felt like it was slipping but when I was taking it out I noticed someone had unplugged the transmission plug and taped it up away from the plug. One of the wires was cut on the plug so I'm guessing that's why. I don't know a ton about transmissions but I'm guessing since the lockup converter is controlled by the computer and it was unplugged maybe that's what I felt like was slipping? Not sure. The motor has cam and crank sensors on it that are in good working order. The motor comes complete from upper plenum to oil pan EXCEPT fuel rail, injectors. The valve covers were on the motor I bought and I didn't like them so they are on this motor now. Also the motor I bought had a custom fabricated oil pan that I also didn't like so it's on this motor now. I also took the shift linkage bracket off the transmission. Anyway I'm selling all together for $1,600. Local pickup in Marion Illinois or I can put it on a pallet if someone wants to arrange shipping. If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,
Dustin. Motor 1.JPG Motor 2.JPG Trans 1.JPG Trans 2.JPG Trans 3.JPG

Ok, what was the reason you wanted to buy my block? I thought you stated that you needed to rebuild your motor?

No, I wanted to build a motor and continue driving my car. I bought a motor and trans off vetteman and put it in a couple weeks ago. My motor ran fine when I pulled it out. The transmission, as I stated above, felt like it was slipping at the top of 1st and 2nd gear but the motor is solid.