84 ttop gn value

i gotta a line on a 84 t top all original not sure on miles yet dosent look bad for 3k...im gonna try to upload pics runs and drives .i know the 84 only had 425 t top cars thats why im askin ...thanks

there it is

Attachments

• 20140403_185345.jpg
    20140403_185345.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 148
  • 20140403_185318.jpg
    20140403_185318.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 20140403_185335.jpg
    20140403_185335.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 135
Where did you hear about 425 t top cars in 84?? I didn't think that specific data exists...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

i gotta a line on a 84 t top all original not sure on miles yet dosent look bad for 3k...im gonna try to upload pics runs and drives .i know the 84 only had 425 t top cars thats why im askin ...thanks
It's a rare one I would buy it if I were u offer them $2500 most people think these year are junk I know that the car has $5,000 in parts on it the owner just wants it gone it means nothing to them make an offer and get your car

Personally I don't like t-top cars because I had one and the channels were rusted out but you would never see it unless you were to pull the weather stripping and the trim covers which no one is gonna let you do. Anyway I say if the drivers floor is rusted it prob because of the top leaking so be careful, if you can fix the floor yourself or have it fixed for cheap that's not too bad of a deal but 84-85's do usually go cheap so keep looking and weigh your options out. Could prob find a nicer car for what you will have into buying that and fixing the floor if t-tops isn't a must

They do sell pretty cheap sometimes mostly t types tho, this car is rare and I'm sure your not using it for an everyday driver buy it restore it.... It probably hasn't been dogged out with the mileage being as low as it is. Header panel $300 hood $300 rear diff $1,400 trans $500 need I go on the car is worth getting you can look around but there are not many of these cars left

Rare guess so, good deal kinda, good investment hell no. Guess it all depends on your intentions.

Its probably a 2500 car if complete and running. Its missing trim and seems a little neglected but as 84 t type said its all in your intentions. If you look at it have the seller remove the tops and inspect the area behind the gaskets, I'm guessing its punked out. I have an 87 t top car that's been covered/garaged the last 20 years and the t-top areas were still a little crusty and in need of clean-up and repair when I replaced the gaskets. Check the frame in the horn areas too. Mice make nests in there and I've seen severe corrosion in the steering box area from inside out corrosion in this area from mouse piss. I have a GS that had bad frame damage just from mice. Their piss is like battery acid! :jawdrop:

Personally I don't like t-top cars because I had one and the channels were rusted out but you would never see it unless you were to pull the weather stripping and the trim covers which no one is gonna let you do. Anyway I say if the drivers floor is rusted it prob because of the top leaking so be careful, if you can fix the floor yourself or have it fixed for cheap that's not too bad of a deal but 84-85's do usually go cheap so keep looking and weigh your options out. Could prob find a nicer car for what you will have into buying that and fixing the floor if t-tops isn't a must
ya but when laber is your cost it dont matter .hole floor pans are like 400 5 witch aint bad so ...your talkin to a guy that last winter put 10k in my h/a moter building it myself ...lol

Its probably a 2500 car if complete and running. Its missing trim and seems a little neglected but as 84 t type said its all in your intentions. If you look at it have the seller remove the tops and inspect the area behind the gaskets, I'm guessing its punked out. I have an 87 t top car that's been covered/garaged the last 20 years and the t-top areas were still a little crusty and in need of clean-up and repair when I replaced the gaskets. Check the frame in the horn areas too. Mice make nests in there and I've seen severe corrosion in the steering box area from inside out corrosion in this area from mouse piss. I have a GS that had bad frame damage just from mice. Their piss is like battery acid! :jawdrop:
ya i know were the good old g body goes its a 4 hour drive were he is at so that is a problem

wiki pedia.google it said like total hard top 2000 or so and 425 t top cars witch would make it the rarest one

Oh, great!! I been trying to get my original GN back- which was also a Canadian car!!
So now the current owner will think its worth a million bucks!

I went with a complete restoration on my 84 GN ttop. Most if not all items facing up as well as the floor pans were replaced. An entire interior and many other parts. I'd say if you are real serious about a rebuild to do it correct and the amount of damage i had....would be about 15-20K, and I did all this work myself, including the paint. Some of the stuff didnt need replaced, but I have the privalege of using all the new test panels for reproduction parts for free.

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=47381&start=135

Nice Resto Toby!

I need some pointers on how you setup the Stainless Ttop part with the rivets. I need to do that part but haven't tried tackling just yet.

Send me a PM so we don't cutter up this thread.

thanks!