84 t-type. Young and need help

Jakewyatt

Im new to the buick world the cars im used to messing with are old chevelles bel airs camaros you get the point. I bought a 84 t-type anf the Previous owners wanted to make a twin turbo rear Mount set up on the car. Well now I'm stuck with no turbo or manifolds. I cant find factory 84/85 manifolds any were. After market or oem. I need advise on what all I need as far as crossiver tubes, wastegate and so on. I really dont want to swap to cold air as id like to keep it original but im leaning towards having ti do that. Car is complete and really only needs a little love to be a great car. Im 23 and don't have much knowledge on the hot air set up and have none around were I live to even look at to get an idea. Please help thanks!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I moved this to the HA section rather than the engine section, which deals with internal engine questions.;) The parts are out there and a set of headers just went up on evilbay today for $40 starting and $20 to ship. Since you're new to this I'd suggest that you do some reading in this section which will help you understand more about the car you've got.

Thanks man I appreciate it im trying to read what I can and lean what I can from people who have dealt with the cars for a while. Im good with cars and common sence just need to be pointed in the right direction and to get pointers from my elders. And Im pretty sure I saw that set on ebay. They were listed for a 83 I think.

I have complete stock exhaust right/left manifolds, up pipe, down pipe, and crossover manifolds could use a little TLC the usual cracks but repairable I also have stock intake.

Anyone know how many of the 84 models came with the moon roof option? Mine has it and just curious as to how special it is.

Just curious, how much money do you have in the bank? The car is gonna take it all just to let ya know. My car has an astroroof, depending on what other options the vehicle has it can be a desirable vehicle.
Post up a picture of the production label located in the trunk.

Haha I do decent i do government contracting. Ive wanted one since I was about 16 got this in a trade for a jeep wrangler I had. Got extremely lucky. the car is not in bad shape at all. Ran car fax when I got it its a 84 t-type with the astro roof. Had lear seigler seats but the guy who had it before me got rid of it. Car basicly needs bumper fillers, new carpet seat covers im planning on the black and grey turbo v6 seats, paint just some love. I have had it for 7 months havent messed with it yet. I have a 1953 dodge truck ive almost got completed so now its time for all of my money to go to the buick. I have the original door sticker in laminate. Ill post pictures tommorow when I take some.

Attachments

• 1381984242961.jpg
    1381984242961.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 1381984286003.jpg
    1381984286003.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 1381984315827.jpg
    1381984315827.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 165
I have a complete flow master dual exhaust for sale of my 84' with about 3 k miles on it. It was on mine when I got it. Brand new pretty much

I wish im on the broke side right now. I might if you have it in a month or so. How much you want for it. I like to buy stuff and bulk and collect just for the fact of having it.

Probly 300 shipped? Where about do u live?

Sent from my XT901 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I almost hate to say it but I'm pretty sure that is my old project car. Somewhat failed attempt to do a rear mounted twin turbo set up. Had it running pretty good when I traded it for a typhoon project. I let it go with EVERYTHING to put it back completely original. Extra intakes, manifolds, seats, ALOT of extra stuff. I've been in that car from one end to the other. What is still with the car? Where did it end up?

Came with a good bit of extras as far as manifolds one looks like one may be JB welded. I still have a few intakes, has regular regal seats, the guy said he had got rid of the lou seiglar seats. Im trying to think of something that may confirm if it was yours. Im pretty sure the tittle is a Tennessee tittle right now. Astro roof car with no headliner and woven fiber glass used in both rear upper pans under the seat and in the passenged floor board. Its in rutherfordton north Carolina right now undergoing surgery haha. Im making slow progress on it I travel for work so I grt to mess with it when im home

Had a alky kit in the trunk made out of a cooler lol. That would be a sure fire way to know. If it was yours id like to takk to you.

Yep. It was practically a spare parts machine. The alky kit worked crazy good. Had it wired through a hobbs switch with a manual valve to tune it powered by a stock GN fuel pump. It should still have the LT1 maf with translator and 42.5 injectors. It has a turbo tweak chip but I sent a few more with it also. The car was fun to play with. If it has a TN title then it sounds like it hasn't been titled since me. I was always into making things work that no one had ever tried. I don't blame you though for putting it back stock.

That has to be it. It still has the maf translator, the two oil pumps under the car I havent took them off yet. And like 4 or 5 chips in a ed hardy shoe box. Im trying to get it going again ive got mostly all nee interior for the car carpet seat covers head liner steering wheel. Just trying to get it running now then ill pull the motor paint and well she will be close to being done.