84 t type Regal

Tony Bishop

my 84 is all stock one owner car,i want to put new injectors and chip for a lil more power I need some recommendation on what kind and what size.i am new to the regal world and would appreciate some input on this so I don't spend unnecessary money. Thanx!

my 84 is all stock one owner car,i want to put new injectors and chip for a lil more power I need some recommendation on what kind and what size.i am new to the regal world and would appreciate some input on this so I don't spend unnecessary money. Thanx!
If it's running right, go straight to E85 if available in your area, or you won't see much power increase. Make sure fuel pump is good, and get a hotwire kit. Lots to read in this forum.
Good luck.

Last edited:
what is E85 and I put new fuel pump in when I got it.
E-85 is a higher octane fuel than 93 and is at most gas stations depending on your area. It is good for forced induction cars, it will allow you to run more boost without knock (detonation). Although a couple draw backs, availability, and MPG go down. Also need 40% more fuel compared to regular gasoline so you need the proper size fuel system.

You need to read the stickys to learn more about these cars, there are certain things needed to be done before going any faster than stock.

Call Eric at turbotweak.com he will walk you through it or look up fullthrottlespeed.com, if the car is completely stock you need to swap the ecm to the 86-87 so you can use a scanmaster, I know you have a new fuel pump but do you have the right one with the Hotwire kit? Most guys use the walbro pump gbody.com has them you will also need an 87 maf or ls1/lt1 translator set up to really begin to tune your car

Use normal pump gas. That way you know for a fact you can fill up at any gas station in the lower 48 states. Keep it simple. When you start modding everything all to hell you'll be absolutely stuck to this board because none of your shit will work right.

Use normal pump gas. That way you know for a fact you can fill up at any gas station in the lower 48 states. Keep it simple. When you start modding everything all to hell you'll be absolutely stuck to this board because none of your shit will work right.
I agree 100% with this. However, this is a HA, and it's not going to get the waw/any more power on 93 with chip and injectors alone. If buying injectors and a chip anyway, and E85 is available, it will be the best upgrade. . . With a pump. Lol

It really comes down to the goal, the budget, the knowledge, and the desire.

All he's gotta do is get the supporting mods FIRST, then that rare upgraded turbo that fits on the HA cars, 42 pounders, port the heads/intake, do the maf/basic translator/intake duct, 160 t-stat, f-body radiator with electric fans (heat is an issue with these cars more than normal) alky kit and TT chip and he'll be fine. No more than that or shit starts to get too complicated.

Last edited:
Start simple, but look to the future when buying parts like injectors and such. Its not uncommon to have your chip reburnt several times throughout the upgrading process....and TT does it for pretty cheap. E85 is by far the best upgrade you can make to a hot air (so long as its readily available in your area). If you feel like going to E85 eventually....get the proper sized injectors up front (minimum 60#, ideally the 80#) and get a 93 pump gas chip. Learn the car, tune and then buy a second chip for E85 when you are ready. Having a gas chip along side the E85 chip allows you to travel anywhere. Even if E85 isn't available in that area, a simple swap of the chip, and a boost controller adjustment and you're rolling. Just some food for thought....