84 intercooled, finally done

Do you really need the fuel rail as well. Or just the intake and plenum to fit the 86/87 intake?

It's some easier with fuel rail, trust me get this the fuel rail, the 84, or 85 fuel is more bulky, plus the valve sticks up and gets on the way of the throttle linkage

Here is a picture of my 84 WH 1 which was the first one I did.
It worked so well that I then did my 85, too.
img001.jpg

That is an old picture, btw, I now the engine rebuilt with a roller cam, too. It now has
an electrical gremlin that I have not found yet.

Nice!!!!, what's the alternator out of, I still have the factory one and suxs, need to upgrade, like the downpipe, need one of them to, I just bought a stall 2800, so getting closer, did you take it to the track, run pretty good?

Nice!!!!, what's the alternator out of, I still have the factory one and suxs, need to upgrade, like the downpipe, need one of them to, I just bought a stall 2800, so getting closer, did you take it to the track, run pretty good?
I put that alternator on so long ago that I have forgotten what it came off of. Sorry, if it ever comes to mind or I find the invoice,
I'll post it. It is a 140 Amp alternator, though! Solved my electrical problems!. I have never had the car on a track,
probably never will. That time has passed for me, unfortunately. I did put a TA49 turbo on it, though, just for
stop light kicks and giggles!

sy1322, Mark is a great reference, he helped me with the conversion... I have converted 2, one still Hot Air and the other with intercooler. Both cars are FAST. The Hot Air car is tuned for 21Lbs, the owner dropped it to 18lbs. It also uses Alky... Moving the Throttle Body off the Turbo improves idle and response. The Intercooled car is FAST. It has ported heads and intake, 206 cam and TA49. It is currently tuned for 20lbs. Both cars have never been to the track. I suspect the intercooled car is faster than 11.80. The owner had to quiet a Mustang pestering him. The Mustang was a 11.80 on NOS...

that is so cool, to see them that fast, mine runs a lot better, but still needs some work, ive got a te-60 turbo with 60lbs injectors, has lag on the turbo, but hopefully been installing a 2800 to 3000 stall this week, which would waken the gn up, would that be a good idea? I will keep you guys informed, with the process, and thanks to a lot of people helping out with this project, here in the forums, its come along way since hotair.