84 hot air engine complete/has knock

dyrt

Howdy Folks,

I have an 84 GN parts car that i purchased years ago running and driving with a slight engine knock(and i believe 171k miles.) I pulled the rear and both bumpers for projects and the car is kind of in my way, plus i need to recoup some of my cost. Right now i am not sure WHEN i will be able to pull the motor for sure, but if anyone is interested, i will work on finding the space and time to yank it and cleanly remove the computer and harness. I am looking to get $700 firm for the ENTIRE engine including harness, computer, turbo, coils, exhaust manifolds, starter, air filter, etc. Please pm me with any questions. Please note, as mentioned above, this engine has a slight knock so it needs a rebuild but it was running when i parked it, and it is COMPLETE. I may be able to get it running again to take a quick video but i honestly don't want to start it if i don't have to. Last, i am not interested in trying to ship this setup anywhere so it will be local pickup only. I am located in Hamilton, NJ 08620 zip code.

Mike

i have someone interested so this sale is not final but pending. If there are any problems and it falls through i will update this post then. Thanks for looking!

Mike

Looks like the deal fell through so pm me for pics or if you have any questions!

Good luck with the sale. I was trying to sell my 84 engine complete, and nobody wanted it. So I started parting it out, then I had a bunch of people say they wanted a part and backed out. Now the engine is in complete shambles because of people backing out after the part is off. It just seems like people dont want parts off of these engines.

Thanks for the heads-up. I think i need to post it in more non-buick forums to be honest. This engine is actually a good starting point for someone wanting to make a unique driver, as you know, but i went with the lt1 for fuel/performance and manual trans reasons. I'll keep at it and see what happens.

Mike