84 GN questions

Sinister85GN

I'm going to pick up this car on Sunday and was curious to the things I would need to change, ECM and ignition wise to simplify other upgrades. I'm looking for the 13 second range and something reliable. Any ideas?

Also how do you verify that it's an actual grand national? I ran the vin at the local Buick dealer and they said it showed a regal t-type .

The vin of the 84 will refer to a regal ttype, not gn.

Best way is the option sticker in the trunk, plus . . Parts on the car that match the sticker.

e7asejyb.jpg
a2a3y6um.jpg
enegahe2.jpg
ymapana4.jpg
y2eqyte2.jpg

Does it seem legit?

Looks like a nice project. Will make a real cool cruiser. I love the Lear Sigler seating. I'm not a fan of digital dash but it looks like a loaded up example. Does it have a cf5 moonroof? I looked at a car like it back in the late eighties in Plano tx.

Cool!
Looking at the spid I see 89 codes. Pretty cool. No cf5 but still loaded.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Looks to be a fun project... Non Posi rear end car? unusual as a GN... only a handful of the moonroof cars exist (It was too pricey an option for many) Looks legit to me.

I didn't notice it being a non-posi. It has issues but it's cleaner than others I've seen. There is a couple t-type cars in that price range for sale around here in a lot worse shape so I decided to go with what I wanted. I'm sure I'll be a regular here lots of good info and a couple comedians lol.

I end up passing on the car the vin and other tags were transferred from a real GN I found grey paint underneath the black.