84 GN Performance Gains

91rangerturbo

Turbod
I have a 84 gn and getting ready to do some work on it.
I am putting on a mease 3" DP, Postons pass header, Postons Crossover pipe, ATR UP pipe.

The mods I have are a walbro hotwired 307, oil pressure gauge,water temp gauge, Boost gauge,Kirban Reg, straight exhaust, exhaust leak on pass side, slipping trans.

I am getting the trans rebuilt and thinking of a orange stripe convertor?(good or bad) And injectors (009's) and a chip burned.

What kind of gains will i see from the exhaust setup? Are the convertors and injectors a good choice for my setup?

sounds like a good start. convertor should work good
tuning is the next step (still figureing mine out)
but the 009s would like a ta33 or ta48 turbo ,so will the mease pipe
the atr uppipe i have heard doesnt fit well ,
fuel pressure gauge for tuning
andy

I would listen to Jerryl and do my homework for about 40 hours on this website as well as GNTTYPE.org before you open your wallet. Hot airs take time, money, and experience in order to go fast. I made some big mistakes being a newbie and I learned the hard way and it cost me. Study the threads here and on GNTTYPE. org alot before you jump. Just my 2 cents. Brad-

well i got the mease pipe and atr pipe on today. It made a huge difference in the performance in my car. Trans is next thing because it slips everytime you give it full throttle. :mad:

How did you get your hands on a mease 3" DP? Anyways, sound like some good mods, Id go with 009 injectors, but if you care about mileage at all Id probably go with a different converter. A retooled stock D5 converter...perhaps to about 2800 would work perfectly with a TA33, TA49, or TE44. You'd probably see a good gain from porting the intake and heads as well. Oh....and I didnt see it listed so Ill mention it...a different intake system would work great. Buickgn.com sells a great BigMouth kit.

My car has a slipping trans too, it sucks. Not looking forward to the $$ to fix it.

Where can i get a re-tooled stock convertor?

And as far a turbos are i am leaving it stock until something happens. I am sure i will be happy as soon as i up the boost some. This is my daily driver car.

Oh and i got the mease pipe from someone on the board. At a great deal i might add. :biggrin: